LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle
Last updated date: March 31, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 6-Year-Old Boy Toys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 6-Year-Old Boy Toy you should buy.
Editor's Note March 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best 6-Year-Old Boy Toys for a detailed review of all the top 6-year-old boy toys.
This amazing Lego set builds a space shuttle model plus a Mars rover, and also includes a storage drone, helidrone and two miniature astronauts. It comes with 273 pieces, and it works with all other Lego building pieces.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the LEGO LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Give young space adventurers a treat with a NASA-inspired research shuttle and rover toy set. This cool LEGO City 60226 Mars Research Shuttle playset features a space shuttle toy with opening cockpit, 2 opening cargo doors and space inside for the storage drone, rover with new-for-August-2019 articulated grappling arm, laser and tilting solar panels, storage drone with opening compartment and a helidrone with spinning rotor blade and scanner, plus a Mars scenery build with secret symbol. Give any LEGO builder an amazing building experience with Instructions PLUS, available in the LEGO Life app for smartphones and tablets. The easy-to-use, intuitive building instructions let them zoom, rotate and visualize their creation using the special ghost mode as they go. Instructions PLUS is also great for younger builders, guiding them through the building process for a greater sense of independence and achievement. This exciting exploration playset also includes 2 astronaut minifigures.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 6-Year-Old Boy Toys
Just like other kids, six-year-old boys love toys. This is a good age to introduce toys that strengthen motor skills, build on learning basics and are stimulating and challenging. Toys that promote imaginative play and plenty of fun are generally the best kinds to buy.
Another important consideration when buying toys for young kids is whether an item is safe and appropriate for the child’s age group. You would not want to buy something with sharp parts, or something designed for ages 12 and up, for a boy who is six.
Look for toys that will use their small and large muscle groups, like Legos or foam rocket launchers, to help with fine motor control. Toys that fire up the imagination, like construction sets and “lab” kits are also great and provide kids with a sense of accomplishment.
The 6-Year-Old Boy Toy Buying Guide
- When considering a toy for a six-year-old boy, try to picture his face when he is opening it. Does he look thrilled or disappointed? Go with whatever toy offers the first reaction.
- You don’t have to spend a small fortune to buy a toy that your six-year-old will love.
- Instead of getting him the same kinds of toys he already has, try something different. Rather than another foam football or soccer ball, for instance, try getting him an indoor toy. You might be surprised by how much he loves it.
- If you get him a toy with a lot of small pieces, do not let him play with it in the car (or unattended anywhere), for safety.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide