Learning Resources Screen-Free Android Coding Activity Kit For Kids
Last updated date: November 18, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coding Tool For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coding Tools For Kid you should buy.
Update as November 18, 2021:
Checkout The Best Coding Tools For Kids for a detailed review of all the top coding tool for kids.
There is hardly any setup required for this coding for kids toy. Kids can work on their STEM skills while playing with the robot. The robot comes with 77 pieces.
In our analysis, the Learning Resources Learning Resources Screen-Free Android Coding Activity Kit For Kids placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Meet Botley, the code to fun! As the newest member of the Learning Resources Family, Botley the Coding robot is here to introduce coding in an easy, friendly way. Children as young as 5 can learn to code with Botley, and with his advanced features, he can grow with them for many years to come. Botley is ready to use right out of the box, so he will have kids coding in minutes (plan ahead: Botley requires 5 AAA batteries, not included). Botley is also 100% screen free; no phone or tablet required. Explore Botley's advanced features and code him for up to 80 steps, with 40 more you can discover. He can also follow looping commands or be programmed to go around objects with If/then logic. Turn on the black-line follow mode and set up a path for Botley to travel. Botley even has hidden features to unlock! Botley includes a one-piece activity set, which includes coding cards, detachable arms, interactive obstacles, and code games that are ready for endless hours of fun and learning. Learning coding With Botley helps kids foster creativity and develop problem solving and critical thinking skills!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coding Tool For Kids
It may seem like coding is an adult skill, but kids as young as 2 or 3 can begin working on the building blocks of coding through fun toys and tools. If you want kids to explore STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) topics and learn the basics of coding, they are never too young to start.
There are many different books, tools and gadgets available that they can use to learn how to code in a fun way.
Learning how to code has many benefits for children. In a way, by learning how to code kids are learning a new language. Through this process, they can work on their written and verbal communication skills. Being exposed to a coding language while they are young helps children to understand how languages work and how people communicate. Coding also enables kids to better plan and organize their thoughts and the way they communicate.
Coding also enables children to improve their creativity and problem-solving skills. When they get stuck with an issue and don’t know how to move forward, coding forces them to think of different ways to solve the problem. Similarly, coding also encourages kids to work on their math skills and focus on the logical side of their brain.
While learning how to code, kids can gain a better understanding of how the technology around them operates. From their parents’ phones to the TV to the school computer, coding opens up a world of understanding for how technology can do what it is supposed to because of some behind-the-scenes work.
The Coding Tools For Kid Buying Guide
- When looking for coding toys and tools for kids, be sure to seriously consider the age group. There are coding-related toys for kids as young as those in pre-school to teenagers and beyond. Ensure the toy, book or gadget is age-appropriate so your child can understand it and use it on their own.
- In addition to making sure the kids coding activity you like is age appropriate, some may want to get one that grows with their kids. For example, if your child uses the toy when they are five, will they still be interested in the toy when they are seven or eight? Some toys grow with kids more effectively than others. Check to see if you can increase the difficulty on the toy to make it more challenging for kids as they grow.
- Some coding for kids toys and books require prior knowledge of coding or programming languages, while others are meant for beginners. Consider what level of understanding your child has and whether they need an activity for beginners or for someone who has an intermediate or advanced level of experience.
- Keep in mind your own coding knowledge and expertise. If you are a beginner yourself, you may want to learn coding along with your child and stay away from advanced coding tools until you have the knowledge to help your child if they require it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide