Leafbay Allergen Proof Mulberry Silk Pillowcase
Last updated date: September 10, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Silk Pillowcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Silk Pillowcase you should buy.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Leafbay Leafbay Allergen Proof Mulberry Silk Pillowcase placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Silk Pillowcase for a detailed review of all the top silk pillowcases.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
SECRET OF BEAUTY SLEEP - 100% PURE MULBERRY SILK: Wake up with dry skin and tangle hair? It's time to get a pillowcase less absorbent than cotton! Made from 100% pure mulberry silk(22 Momme), conforming to the most rigorous standards from OEKO, Leafbay Silk Pillowcase retains the moisture and gentleness your hair and skin need. 22 Momme means one of the thickest and silkier silk there is. KEEP CLEAN, AGAINST DIRT - Did you know? Your pillowcases are covered with dead skin cells, sweat and oil from face and hair, making them a breeding ground for dirty items. And the protein found in silk is proved to naturally remove the dead skin cells, sweat and others, promote supple skin and keep wrinkles outdoor. SILKY SPA FOR HAIR & SKIN - Recommended by hair stylists, beauty experts and dermatologists around the world, Leafbay silk pillow case provides a smooth surface for your face and hair to glide over, with 45% less friction for less wrinkles. Also protect your hair from getting knotted, letting it glow naturally and healthily. Silk also has inherent cooling abilities for luxurious touch. SIZE & COLOR: 21*30(51*76cm) fits most queen size pillows; 21*36(51*91cm) fits most king size pillows; 21*26(51*66cm) as standard size. 3 elegant colors for your choices. We spend a third of our lives in bed - if we transform sleep into a silky spa, life will be refined. IDEAL GIFT & RISK - FREE QUALITY ASSURANCE - Earth friendly pure silk and hidden zipper design. A luxurious present for your loved ones. For your absolute satisfaction, we are proud to offer a 24 month 100% money back/replacement assurance. Please contact us freely for replacement or refund if you are disappointed.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Silk Pillowcases
Silk pillowcases provide a smooth, cool, comfortable place to rest your head at night. But there’s more to sleeping on silk than comfort. Silk pillowcases have also been shown to have beauty benefits not found with cotton or polyester pillowcases.
If you sleep on your side or stomach, silk can be especially helpful. Cotton can create friction as your skin moves across it, creating creases in the skin. With silk, your skin slides across easily. Silk also doesn’t absorb your skin’s natural oils the way cotton does, so you’ll retain more moisture as you sleep.
But back sleepers get their own benefits. As with the skin, silk pillowcases resist absorbing the hair’s natural oils as cotton pillowcases do. That can help your hair retain its natural luster. The lack of friction can also help keep your hair frizz- and tangle-free.
Although these benefits are nice, consumers often choose silk pillowcases due to their comfort and appearance. Not only does it make bedtime a little better, but it looks nice on top of your bed. With so many different colors available, you can usually find the perfect pillowcase to match your décor. With proper care, they’ll also hold up after many uses and washes.
DWYM Fun Fact
When you’re shopping for silk pillowcases, it’s important to look for products labeled 100 percent pure mulberry silk. Mulberry silk is the best silk you can buy. It comes from the Bombyx mori silkworm, which is a species of silkworm that eats only leaves from the mulberry tree. This silk has been made in China for the past 4,000 years, and the fibers are smoother and stronger than all other silk varieties, giving you both a softness and durability you won’t find in other types. Typically, a telltale sign that a piece of bedding is pure mulberry silk is the price. This type of silk is often more expensive than other types of silk, satin or cotton.
The Silk Pillowcase Buying Guide
- Although there are some beauty benefits found with silk pillowcases, some manufacturers will go beyond what silk can do. Silk pillowcases have not been able to clear up or prevent acne and the material itself will not increase the oil coming into your skin. It simply doesn’t absorb oils the way cotton does. The same goes for hair. Manufacturers will claim silk pillowcases can moisturize your hair when all they can really do is prevent oils that are in your hair from being absorbed.
- The fibers in silk naturally regulate temperature to help keep you cool. You may not find that you’re cooler with silk than you would be with cotton, though.
- One downside to silk is care. Often, silk bedding requires that you hand wash and air dry. Even if a silk pillowcase’s care instructions allow a machine wash, you may find that you get a softer, smoother texture by handwashing.
- Some silk pillowcases have zippers that make it easy to insert and remove your pillows. If that’s the case, make sure the zipper is hidden to avoid it coming into contact with your skin while you’re sleeping.
- With silk, it’s not just the type of fiber and thread count, but also the length of the fiber. You’ll see silk listed with grades. That’s because silk is rated using a scale from A to C. A is top quality while C is the lowest quality. In addition to letters, there are also numbers ranging from 1 to 6. For the best quality silk, look for one rated 6A.