Ldurian Circle Pendant & Adjustable Chain 14K Gold Plated Necklace
Last updated date: June 1, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Gold Necklace for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis, the Ldurian Ldurian Circle Pendant & Adjustable Chain 14K Gold Plated Necklace placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Dainty Circle Necklace with Simple Gold Pendant for Women: The necklace is a hammered circle, which makes it special and look similar to “O”. You can wear the necklace alone or stack it with other necklaces for an elegant look. The chain length is 16”+2” extender. Stainless Steel, 14K Gold Plated, Hypoallergenic, Non Tarnish: The minimalist necklace is made from stainless steel, lead free, nickle free, hypoallergenic. 14K gold plated and tarnish resistant, it will not turn your skin green. The design will not get out of fashion and can be worn for years. Adjustable Chain Length: The 14K gold women necklace is adjustable with extenders in spacer loops. The lobster clasp makes it easy to put on and take off the necklaces. The necklaces are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Jewelry sales are on the rise, having begun to recover from a pandemic-era slump. In fact, sales are even exceeding pre-pandemic levels, with retailers reporting strong demand and solid sales in 2021.
One of the most popular materials for jewelry is gold. Unfortunately, pure 24-karat gold is too soft for making into jewelry. That means the gold pieces you buy feature gold mixed with an alloy that strengthens it. Most commonly, “pure gold” necklaces feature 14-karat gold, but 14-karat gold necklaces can be pricey. As a more affordable alternative, jewelers will use gold plating, which offers the appearance of gold without having to rely solely on expensive metals.
With gold plating, a piece of jewelry will have an alloy core made of materials like copper or brass. Gold is then applied to the outside using a process called electroplating. The gold does offer the interior a level of protection, but this type of jewelry is more likely to tarnish than pieces made from only gold. In some cases, silver is used as the base metal and coated in gold. This plating is called vermeil.
Genuine gold jewelry will feature markings to help you identify the gold content. You’ll see 14K, 18K or 24K marked on the piece itself. To be marked 24K, jewelry needs to be at least 99.99 percent pure gold. At 18K, it’s at least 75 percent, while 14K jewelry is at least 58.3 percent. Regulations now allow jewelers to sell gold pieces that are 10 karat, but those will at least need to be 41.7 percent pure gold to qualify for the 10K marking.
Gold jewelry will also sometimes have ornamentation to dress it up or make it stand out. You can find gold necklaces with pendants, and some are even customizable to help you create a look that works for you. This can be a great option if you’re purchasing a necklace for a gift.
The Buying Guide
- While gold-plated jewelry can look and feel like gold, it’s typically best for occasional wear. If you’re buying a necklace you plan to wear while sleeping, showering or swimming, you’ll want pure gold mixed with a gold alloy.
- You can find hollow gold chains, but they tend to lack the durability you’ll get with a more solid option. For everyday wear, it’s best to avoid hollow jewelry.
- If you opt for a necklace with gold plating, be aware that the plating can rub off over time.
- For those with metal allergies, 14K gold is the best option. Even if you’re purchasing 24K gold jewelry, if the metal alloys combined with it aren’t 14K gold, you can’t be guaranteed a hypoallergenic option.
- Necklaces vary in length. Measure your favorite necklace and note the exact millimeters. You can use that as a reference point as you’re buying. Necklaces sometimes come with expanders that can extend them by a couple of inches.
- Some necklaces feature pendants that can be customized with an initial or selected from a series of shapes.
- If you’re searching for a gold necklace as a gift, consider how you’ll package it. You can find some that come with gift bags or boxes specifically for that purpose. You can purchase gift boxes separately, but this is a layer of convenience you wouldn’t get otherwise.
- If you plan to wear your necklace around the clock, make sure you choose one that will rest comfortably against your skin. This is especially important if you’ll be wearing it while you sleep.
- Layering multiple gold necklaces can create an interesting look. You’ll need to pick necklaces of varying lengths that look good together. You can buy layered necklaces, and some even allow you to wear them alone or together for some variety.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide