LauKingdom Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 5
Last updated date: February 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top BBQ Grill Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BBQ Grill Mat you should buy.
Not only is the LauKingdom Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 5 FDA approved, but it's also made out of PFOA-free and non-toxic materials. The mat is heat safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and can be used on electric, charcoal and gas grills. Users will also appreciate that the mats can be cut to fit any grill size. In our analysis of 78 expert reviews, the LauKingdom LauKingdom Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 5 placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best BBQ Grill Mat for a detailed review of all the top bbq grill mats.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
ABSOLUTELY SAFE FOR YOUR HEALTH: Set of 5 grill mats are made of FDA-APPROVED PFOA-Free materials and premium PTFE-Fiberglass, no PFOA, silicone, or other harmful chemicals. BBQ Grill Mats non stick are heat resistant up to 500℉ and will not burn. Keep your family absolutely safe and enjoy delicious meal. REUSABLE & PERFECT THICKNESS: Both sides of bbq grill mats can be used over 1000 times for grilling, roasting, and even baking! 0.2mm thickness, is thin enough to heat fastly to ensure the original taste of the food and thick enough to provide ultimate heat resistance and durability. 100% NON-STICK&NO MESS: 100% non-stick means you can grill/cook without worrying about grease&stains. Non-stick helps to clean and extend the life of the grilling mat. There is no mess after grilling for that babecue grill mats is easy to clean and safe in dishwasher. Smooth surface making your food much tastier and healthier. MULTIPURPOSE & CUTTABLE: Grill Mat non stick is suitable for any kind of BBQ grill such as Weber, Charbroil, Big Green Egg, smoker, charcoal, propane, gas, or electric.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BBQ Grill Mats
Since 75% of the individuals living in the United States own a grill or smoker, there’s a good chance that most households could benefit from a BBQ grill mat.
When shopping for a grill mat, stick with a model that is FDA certified with a nonstick surface. You want the mat to be free of harmful chemicals, BPAs and PFOAs. Otherwise, the chemicals from the mat could seep into the foods you’re grilling. A nonstick surface is also important, as it makes flipping and serving meats and vegetables a breeze.
Check the BBQ grill mat’s durability and heat resistance. Most mats are able to accommodate temperatures between 500 and 600-degrees Fahrenheit.
Review the size of the grill mat and determine whether the size can be altered. For example, you could purchase a large grill mat that can be cut to fit your grill rack. You could also purchase two small grill mats and lay them side by side to accommodate a four-burner grill.
Versatility is also important. Most grill mats can be used to line cookie sheets, cover the area around your stove burners, top the glass plate in your microwave and replace parchment paper for desserts that need to be chilled in a refrigerator or freezer.
Look for product protection in the form of a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty. Some companies offer something as simple as a 2-year quality guarantee, while others provide an extensive 7-year no-hassle warranty.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that May is National Barbecue Month? This is true, even though the Fourth of July is the day of the year when the highest number of people are cooking on their grills. Here are a few more fun facts about grilling and barbecuing:
- Thomas Jefferson was the first president to make barbecuing a White House tradition.
- The most popular food cooked on a grill is beef.
- More people barbecue to improve the flavor of their food than for personal enjoyment or to entertain guests.
- Approximately 63% of people in America who grill do so on a monthly basis.
The BBQ Grill Mat Buying Guide
- Smaller grill mats won’t fit a two or three burner gas or kettle-style grill.
- Thicker construction is not always better, as they take longer to heat up.
- Don’t overlap your grill mats when using more than one, as they have a tendency to stick together.
- Some BBQ grill mat owners report problems with flareups along the mat’s edges.
- Never place the grill mat directly on a bed of charcoal. Grill mats should always be between 5 and 7 inches above the heat source.
- BBQ grill mats are not the best choice if you’re looking to sear or char your food.
- Reviewers report that some grill mats allow juices to puddle, which can create a bit of a mess.
- While most grill mats can simply be wiped clean using a soapy dish rag, they are dishwasher safe if you don’t want to wash them by hand.
- You can store your grill mats flat in a cabinet or rolled up in a drawer.
- Thickness plays the biggest part in the overall price of BBQ grill mats. The Vremi Heavy Duty Grill BBQ Mat, Set of 5 costs less than the Kona 600 Degree Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2, the Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2 and the RENOOK 600 Degree Non-Stick Grill Mat, Set of 2, as it is just .2 mm thick.