Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
Last updated date: June 5, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt And Pepper Grinder Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt And Pepper Grinder Set you should buy.
This set offers a choice between fine and course settings and operates with just the touch of a button. The grinders have an attractive gray finish that looks good on any dining room table. They also come with a handy mill tray to catch any extra salt or pepper that may fall out of the bottom of the grinders. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Latent Epicure Latent Epicure Battery Operated Salt and Pepper Grinder Set placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Salt And Pepper Grinder Set for a detailed review of all the top salt and pepper grinder sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Cleaner kitchen surfaces – complimentary mill tray to help keep kitchen surfaces cleaner and tidier .Operational with one touch of a button – simple touch button automatically grinds the desired spice. Varied coarseness settings – fine & coarse knob allowing to regulate the size of the chosen herb. No over flavoring – bright light illuminates’ food clearly to help prevent over flavoring of food. When purchased from Latent. Epicure on Amazon your items are always shipped from USA.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt And Pepper Grinder Sets
When creating meals for your family and friends, it’s a good idea to go easy on the salt and pepper and simply allow each individual to add as much or as little of the spices as they prefer to their meal. Keeping a salt and pepper grinder set on your dining room table will provide easy access to these coveted spices.
Look for a grinder with multiple coarseness settings, as some of your guests may prefer their salt or pepper finely grounded, while others like it a bit more coarse. Typically, grinders offer between two and three adjustable settings, with the third being a medium coarseness.
Consider the size and design of the salt and pepper grinder set. Smaller models take up less room but will require frequent refilling unless you live alone or have just one roommate. When it comes to design, you want a glass or clear acrylic base. This allows you to keep an eye on the amount of spice left in the grinder. Glass is a better choice when possible, as it doesn’t stain or retain odors.
Pay attention to the location of the grinder. Some sets have the grinder at the top. Users will simply turn the grinder over, use it on their food and put it back in its original position. Sets with a grinder on the bottom can be used as-is, but often leak out a little bit of the spices in between use. For these, you’ll want to make sure you have a stand to place them in, or you’ll have some spice particles on your table or countertop.
Look for any added features that put one salt and pepper grinder set above others. Some models come with a funnel to help you refill the containers. Others provide complimentary ebooks filled with chef-inspired recipes. There are even grinders that have built-in non-slip grips to prevent accidentally dropping the grinders.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that pepper was so popular during the Middle Ages that people actually used it as a form of currency? This versatile spice was also used for much more than simply adding flavor to your favorite dishes. In fact, it was made into a medicine to help relieve congestion.
Salt, just like pepper, was once used as a form of currency. Until the 20th century, Ethiopians considered as valuable as white gold. Today, salt is used to tenderize meat, add flavor to food and even kill the fleas that are plaguing your cat or dog.
The Salt And Pepper Grinder Set Buying Guide
- Use care with salt and pepper grinder sets that are made of glass. They are very susceptible to breaking when dropped.
- Larger salt particles and peppercorns are harder to grind.
- It’s good practice to use a dry brush or cloth to fully clean out your grinders before refilling them.
- Some salt and pepper grinder sets don’t include the actual spices. You’ll need to buy your salt or pepper separately.
- Electric grinders may require up to four AA batteries each, which means you’ll need eight batteries per set.
- Both size and features play a part in the overall price of a salt and pepper grinder set. The Modetro Premium Salt and Pepper Mill Set With Stand is on the smaller side, and therefore, the most affordable of the bunch. You’ll pay a little more for the Willow & Everett Stainless Refillable Salt and Pepper Grinder Set and the HOME EC Premium Stainless Salt and Pepper Grinder Set, as they are both tall and able to hold more spices. At the top of the pricing scale is the OXO Good Grips Stainless Salt and Pepper Grinder Set, which has the added non-slip grip feature.