latch.it Deadbolt Keypad Door Lock RV Accessory
Last updated date: November 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top RV Accessories and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best RV Accessory you should buy.
Update as November 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best RV Accessories for a detailed review of all the top rv accessories.
Take your RV’s security to the next level with this 100% metal lock featuring keyless entry. It is waterproof and has a backlit keypad. You’ll get a door lock, two key fobs, batteries, two mechanical keys, a protective gasket, a screwdriver, mounting hardware and an owner’s manual. Make sure to check for compatibility.
In our analysis, the latch.it latch.it Deadbolt Keypad Door Lock RV Accessory placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WILL IT FIT MY APPLICATION? Our RV Door Lock fits RVs and trailers with an opening of 3.75″ tall x 2.75″ wide x 1.5″ thick. CHECK DIMENSIONS and latch style with your trailer or RV before purchasing! Our locks are designed with your security in mind! Compatible with campers, 5th Wheels, Bumper-pull, Horse and Cargo style trailers. WHILE OTHER RV KEYLESS DOOR LOCKS ARE flimsy and made of plastic, our RV locks are 100% METAL. The IP67 waterproof technology allows our locks to handle the harsh outdoors. The back-lit keypad allows easy entry at night or in the dark. Allow us to secure your valuables and HELP YOU TRAVEL WORRY FREE WITH LOVED ONES. EACH KIT ARRIVES READY TO INSTALL AND INCLUDES 1x RV Door Lock, TWO Key-fobs, 4x AA Batteries, 2x Mechanical Keys, 1x Protective Gasket, 1x Screwdriver, Mounting Hardware & Owner’s Manual/Install Guide. INSTALL IT WITHIN 10-MINUTES! All 100% backed by our LIFETIME warranty and 24/7 Online Support. MAKE SURE OUR LOCK DIMENSIONS FIT YOUR APPLICATION. OUR 2021 DOOR LOCKS ARE DESIGNED with you in mind. Now w/ the ability to SILENCE BEEPING, simply Press & hold “1”. Will fit most Campers, 5th Wheels, Bumper-pull, Horse and Cargo style trailers with an opening of 3.75″ x 2.75″ x 1.5″. WE INCLUDE A GASKET TO allow a seamless fit. Check compatibility with your trailer before purchasing!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On RV Accessories
If you travel by RV, travel trailer, camper or any other mode of transportation that you can set up at a campground, there are many ways to get more out of your experience. Chances are, your camper came with some helpful gadgets to make your life on the road easier, but there are also some handy items you can add to your RV to upgrade it as you learn what works for you.
At one time, you’d have to go to a specialized camping retailer or RV showroom to get accessories for your camper, but that’s no longer the case. RV accessories are readily available online from a variety of popular retailers. You may also be able to find some at local department stores, especially if you’re looking for an item that can be classified as general camping supplies.
Safety is a top priority when stocking a new camper. You’ll need items that will stabilize your RV once it’s parked, as well as keep occupants safe during weather events. If lightning strikes or a strong storm blows through, is your camper equipped to handle it?
Once safety issues have been addressed, it’s all about convenience. RVs pack many features in as little room as possible, so the accessories you’d buy for your home or office likely won’t do. It’s important to consider limited space and buy items in compact versions.
Another consideration is movement. Any unsecured belongings will inevitably be jostled in transit, so it’s important to make sure everything can either be packed away or won’t move around when you hit bumps in the road. Organizers, nets and bars are your friends with any travel vehicle, and many RVs now come equipped with those features in place. Even then, though, you’ll likely need to add a few stay-put items of your own.
The RV Accessory Buying Guide
- An extra lock can help secure the door of your RV. Sure, any camper comes with locks of its own, but you can buy a separate lock that boosts security and even provides keyless entry.
- If you opt for a lock for your camper, make sure it is backlit; a lit keypad will make finding those numerical buttons at night much easier.
- Any outdoor item for your RV needs to be weather-resistant. Your camper will be subjected to rain, storms and possibly ice or snow, whether it’s parked in your driveway or at a campground.
- One of the biggest challenges of any RV is space. Campers are compact to make transportation easy, but this also gives you limited room for accessories. Some items are built specifically to help save space, featuring slimmer, shorter profiles than what you’d buy for your home.
- Recreational vehicles can vary in size and components. Pay close attention to compatibility with any accessory you buy.
- Installation can be tricky with some accessories. Before you buy, make sure it’s something you can do yourself, and that you have the tools you’ll need to install items properly. Check that the product comes with directions if you can’t find them online.
- One problem with RVs is that you don’t have excess storage for tools or accessories, unlike at home. Look for accessories that are designed for easy storage.
- RVs tend to be exposed to the elements, even when they’re kept sheltered between uses. Covers for areas like your tongue jack can help you protect your RV from the elements and potentially extend its lifespan.
- Some accessories are an essential part of parking at a campsite. If you plan to camp in areas without access to sewer hookups, for instance, you’ll have to use a tote to transport waste to the disposal area. A wheeled trolley can help with this. You may also want to consider wheel stabilizers, which are vital to keeping you and your loved ones comfortable once you’ve parked.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide