Lasko Timed Widespread Office Fan, 36-Inch
Last updated date: February 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Office Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Office Fan you should buy.
Update as February 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Office Fan for a detailed review of all the top office fans.
In our analysis of 111 expert reviews, the Lasko Timed Widespread Office Fan, 36-Inch placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lasko’s 36″ Tower Fan with Remote Control circulates air with its smooth oscillation for consistent, cool air flow. Equipped with 3 quiet speeds, this space saver is smartly designed for any home or office Additional features include: 3 whisper quiet speeds Built-in carry handle Built-in 7 hour timer Wireless remote control
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Office Fans
If you feel like your office is always the wrong temperature, you aren’t alone. In fact, the standard for building temperatures was set way back in 1966, based on a few variables and studies of middle-aged, 150-pound men. When the office is overly chilly, you can grab that cardigan you probably keep on the back of your chair. But when the temperature rises, you can’t exactly disrobe.
That’s where an office fan comes in. Although many offices have banned space heaters, you probably are allowed to have at least a small fan on your desk. If you haven’t shopped for a fan recently, you probably don’t realize just how powerful desktop fans have become over the years. Being able to direct airflow also means you can set up your office fan to blow directly on you, making the most of its cooling power.
The first decision to make while choosing an office fan is the cooling capacity you need. If you’re only using it on your desk while seated in front of it, a fan with shorter reach will do, but there are small fans that can cool a midsize room. Even if you only occasionally need to use it at home, or if you want a fan for larger office spaces like conference rooms, a fan with stronger airflow can be a big help.
Noise is another consideration. The gentle whir of a fan may help shut out outside noise. But some fans can be so noisy, they distract you from your work. Using it in an office means you’ll also need to think about how the noise will affect those around you. If you’re buying an office fan for home use or to take on the road as you travel, the noise may disrupt your sleep or bother others in the room with you. A fan with quieter operation can be more versatile.
The Office Fan Buying Guide
- Whether using your fan in the office or at home, chances are you don’t want it to be too noisy. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan operates up to 25 percent quieter than competing models, making it best if silence is a priority. The Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan also features quiet operation.
- Don’t be fooled into spending excess money for your desktop fan. You can get the Honeywell Turbo Force Fan, Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan for a very reasonable price.
- Energy efficiency isn’t just better for the environment. It reduces your electricity bill. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan has an aerodynamic design that maximizes airflow while minimizing power usage.
- The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan also excels when it comes to speed options. You can choose between three separate speeds, where the Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan offers just two speeds.
- If you’re trying to cool a larger office or even a big room at home, airflow will be essential. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan maintains its strong airflow up to 32 feet, thanks to the turbo-force design. It also has larger blades for more power. The Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan has a powerful motor, and the blade design pushes air out for noticeable cooling.
- The small build of many office fans makes them better suited for direct cooling, meaning only the person seated directly in front of them will benefit from airflow. However, the Honeywell Turbo Force Fan can cool even a medium-sized room, thanks to its 32-foot range.
- One of the benefits of the Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan is that it comes with a clip, allowing you to attach it to a desk, bookshelf or any other surface. Unlike other clippable fans, the clip on this fan is so sturdy, you won’t have to worry about your fan falling. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan can be mounted on a wall to help free up desk space.
- If you prefer an oscillating fan, look for one where you have the option to either oscillate or keep it in one direction.
- Being able to tilt your fan is essential to controlling airflow. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan can be tilted upward as much as 90 degrees. The Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan also allows you to adjust the head.
- The great thing about smaller fans is that they take up very little space. They’re also lightweight, making it easy to transport them from the office to home and back again, even if you take public transportation. The Genesis Table-Top & Clip Fan weighs only 1.89 pounds and measures 5 x 6 x 10 inches. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan is slightly less compact. The Honeywell Turbo Force Fan measures 10.9 x 6.3 x 10.9 inches and weighs 2.6 pounds.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide