Lampat Natural Light Auto-Off Desk Lamp
Last updated date: December 23, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Desk Lamps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Desk Lamp you should buy.
Update as December 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Desk Lamp for a detailed review of all the top desk lamps.
This powerful desk lamp switches between five levels of brightness and four operation modes with touch-sensitive controls. Its eco-friendly operation consumes less power than traditional desk lamps, and there's a shut-off feature that can be enabled if it sits idle for more than an hour. The rechargeable battery allows you to use it wirelessly if you need lighting on the go.
In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the Lampat Natural Light Auto-Off Desk Lamp placed 3rd when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
LAMPAT Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, Black 4 lighting modes, 5 level brightness USB charging port Natural light protects eyes 1 hour auto-off
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Desk Lamps
Those of us who spend a lot of time working at home barely even notice our desk lamps, and that’s a good thing. The last thing we want is a lamp that surprises us with a burned-out bulb, an easily toppled lamp structure or a light switch that sticks. Generally, we want a work light that works and stays out of the way.
That’s not to say that it has to be invisible or ugly. A desk lamp that fits in with the decor can brighten up a workspace in more ways than one. Finding one that’s right for your situation can be fun, but it’ll save you headaches to look at the boring specs first.
Foremost among these is the size of your lamp. Do you have a small desk? You’ll probably want a compact lamp, as well. (Although if it’s so small that every bit of surface area counts, you may want to consider a standing floor lamp instead.)
Bigger desks, of course, give you a little more leeway. But it’s also important to consider the size of your actual workspace. If most of your work is confined to a laptop screen, you really just need illumination in that small area. But if you’re using a larger area on your desk, make sure your lamp stands a little taller so that it can throw light in a wide arc. Of course, many modern desk lamps have a swivel head or points of articulation in the neck that let you adjust the height and location of the light. This can be a big help if you’re switching work areas often.
Many desk lamps might advertise their high-powered bulbs, throwing around lumen numbers into the thousands. Just remember that we’re talking about a desk lamp, not a ceiling light. Not many desks are large enough to need a high-wattage light, and 10W or so should be more than sufficient most workplaces. Some people might not even use desk lamps for work. A rustic retro lamp or stylish industrial model can add a great visual touch to any room, and the added functionality as an accent light can give it lots of versatility as an interior design element.
Finally, there’s the matter of the lamp itself. What sort of bulb should you have in it? Most desk lamps these days go with an LED bulb. For the most part, you should, too: They last about 50 times longer than a typical incandescent bulb, which is not only great for the environment but key for your work routine.
The Desk Lamp Buying Guide
- Modern lamps want to do a lot more than just light up your workload. There’s an increasing number of lamps on the marketplace that serve as miniature technology hubs. There are desk lamps that incorporate charging stations for your cell phone or smartwatch, some with wireless charging capability. There are even lamps that double as a Bluetooth speaker. This can be a great asset if you’re on a small desk where space is at a premium.
- Older eyes need a little more care, and that’s especially important when you’re working close to a light source for extended periods of time. If your eyes are sensitive to glare, get a lamp with a high CRI (Color Rendering Index) or adjustable brightness that you can tweak at different times of the day.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide