Laevo Unicorn Themed Slime Kit
Last updated date: December 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Slime Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Slime Kit you should buy.
Update as December 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Slime Kit for a detailed review of all the top slime kits.
Choose from four egg-shaped slime kits with different themes — glitter, butter, stardust and cloud — for the slime's texture. Along with the basic ingredients, each kit features five secret items and recipes with endless variations.
In our analysis, the Laevo Laevo Unicorn Themed Slime Kit placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cutest Unicorn Slime Kit - any girl will absolutely love this new unicorn, sparkly, glittery slime kit with secrets! 5 surprises in each egg - who doesn’t love surprises?! Enjoy all the secrets revealed as you unwrap the egg and make some girly - unicorny slime. Which one will you get - Butter with soft clay, Cloud with instant snow, Stardust or Glitter egg? Wonderful gift - for Christmas, holiday, birthday or simply a girls party! Girls and friends will have a fun time slime making, playing and exchanging their creations, while parents can chat over a cup of coffee. Grab 1 egg for each girl and keep them entertained all day or evening. Collect all 4 eggs for an extra bonus! Everything is included - Are you tired of overpaying for large slime kits and ending up with a bunch of useless supplies? This mini slime kit has all you need to make exactly 3 slimes which create a Unicorn swirl. Glue, activator, tools and shiny new and unique slime ingredients in each egg - colorful pearl beads, holographic unicorns, stardust and unicorn charms! Perfect slime 100% real magic - with this DIY kit you can achieve a perfect slime texture every time - soft, stretchy and so satisfying. Simply follow the instruction booklet which is step by step, colorful, fun and easy to follow.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Slime Kits
If you want a fun indoor activity for your child, making slime has become a popular pastime that allows for plenty of creativity. And rather than trying to gather all the supplies individually, going with a slime kit is much more convenient — whether you need enough supplies for one child or for a group at a birthday party or sleepover.
You can find pre-made slime as well as DIY activity sets. Pre-made slime is great for when you’d rather skip the mess and instead give your kids something to play with right away. However, the DIY option is most popular since making the slime and adding creative touches are a big part of the fun.
Slime kits come in many varieties that can appeal to your child’s interests. For example, you can find kits that let your kids make unicorn-themed, glittery, glow-in-the-dark, scented or extra-runny slime. Other kits let your kids make slime that resembles popular desserts, contains beads or makes crackling sounds. If you want to keep it simple, you can consider basic kits that just make plain slime in one or two colors.
Expect a DIY slime kit to contain bottles or packets of basic ingredients like glue, slime activator and dye. Your kid will mix these together along with small containers and stirring sticks. Extras like clay, soap, glitter, scented liquids, gems, sprinkles and even fake snow may be included so you can decorate the slime, change the texture or add scents.
Check how much slime the specific kit can make: You want to get one that’s big enough for your needs. Some large sets can make a dozen or more containers of slime. Not only do these kits work well for a party or bigger families, but they usually offer plenty of diversity in the types of slime you can make.
Smaller sets might make just one or two containers of slime with a particular theme. These kits can be a good option when you have one child or you’re just wanting to try out the activity.
Consider your child and the product’s age recommendation when you pick any slime kit. Some have ingredients such as Borax that can harm your child’s skin or present dangers if your young one accidentally consumes them. You can find several slime kits marketed as non-toxic that are suitable for both younger and older children.
The Slime Kit Buying Guide
- To get the best results, read the slime kit’s instructions carefully with your child. This will show you how much of each ingredient to use and which order you’ll use them in. The instructions should also have some troubleshooting steps in case the slime doesn’t turn out as expected.
- Making slime requires a lot of kneading so that the ingredients work together and result in the right texture for play. Additional kneading can be a good fix when the slime feels too runny or sticky.
- It’s a good idea to have your child wear gloves when making slime. Not only can this prevent contact with skin irritants, but it keeps the slime from sticking to your child’s hands. You’ll still want to have your kid wash their hands after playing, however.
- Check the ingredients list of slime kits to see if they contain anything harmful or have ingredients that your child may be allergic to.
- Even when your kids use a non-toxic slime kit, you should still supervise them, especially if they’re small. The slime itself plus small decorations like beads can present a choking hazard.
- If your child wants to make a certain color of slime and the kit doesn’t have the right dye, you can try substituting food coloring.
- Your child should store their slime in a container with a tight lid: Sometimes slime kits will provide these. It can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks for the slime to dry out and no longer be useful. The ingredients used play a role in the slime’s life span, so longevity can vary by kit.
- Your child might find it enjoyable to stretch the slime out with their hands and watch the effects. However, other fun activities can help kids get more out of this creation. For example, you can roll some slime up into a ball and try to get it to bounce, or blow big bubbles into their slime with a straw.
- If your family is hosting a party, consider using the slime as both a craft activity and game. After the children make the slime, they can compete for who makes the stretchiest or bounciest kind or who makes the most creative version. Have partygoers play a version of charades in which the slime is shaped into a word, or try a scavenger hunt where the kids hide small items in their slime.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide