Laevo Cook Double Sided Solid Stone Granite Mortar & Pestle
Last updated date: July 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mortar And Pestles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mortar And Pestle you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Mortar And Pestle for a detailed review of all the top mortar and pestles.
In our analysis of 89 expert reviews, the Laevo Cook Double Sided Solid Stone Granite Mortar & Pestle placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Laevo Cook – Cook With Ease! mortar and pestle – Mortar and Pestle – Two sides allow for separating the flavors, easy cleaning and excellent mortar stability. Use shallow side for smaller quantities and ingredients like peppercorns and spices. Use the deeper side for making dishes and marinades and grinding large ingredients such as herbs and coffee beans. Flip the pestle for more efficient grinding and mashing. – Silicone lid – Use as a placemat while utilizing the mortar to protect your countertop Use as a lid once cooked to preserve the freshness of your dish – Wooden spoon – Use for stirring, mixing and sampling your dish Will not interfere with natural food flavors or oxidize them My Favorite Mortar and Pestle Recipe “Guacamole” Guacamole is a “superfood” avocado salad. Avocados have 20 different vitamins and minerals, rich in fiber and healthy fats. They are weight loss friendly, heart friendly and simply delicious! Ingredients: 1 small ripe tomato 2 ripe avocados ½ clove minced garlic 2 tbs diced red onion 1 tbs fresh lime juice 2 tbs minced fresh cilantro Add garlic, onion, lime juice and ½ tbs of sea salt into Laevo Cook mortar and mince it with the pestle. Then scoop out the avocado flesh and roughly mash. Add tomatoes and cilantro and mix with a spoon before serving. Eat right away or cover with silicone lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours. Enjoy! BEFORE FIRST USE Step 1: Season the mortar with white rice, grind until it turns into powder. This will allow to remove any granite dust and slightly polish the mortar. Step 2: Remove the rice and add garlic, cumin, salt and pepper then grind. After that rinse with warm water and air dry. Avoid using soap as it may flavor the food. NOTE: This product is made of natural stone and its color and structure may be uneven. White/beige color vertical or horizontal lines that may look visually like cracks are parts of natural stone and not a defect. If you gently rub the area with the finger and it is smooth then it’s not a crack, otherwise you would feel unevenness or even sharpness of the edge of a crack. “Do it right the FIRST time” granite mortar and pestle mortar and pestle Mortar and pestle 1. Double-sided natural stone mortar: H: 3.5”, D: 5.5″ 2. Reversible pestle: 5”x 2” 3. Silicone lid / placemat: D: 5.9” 4. Wooden spoon for mixing / sampling: 5.2” x 1.2” VOLUME: 2.1 cups (17 Ounces) “Best things come in small PACKAGES” Hi! My name is Julia. I own and represent Laevo Cook brand. I would like to share with you my passion for cooking and experimenting with new fine flavors! Thank you for supporting my small family business and viewing my product. It will be my pleasure to personally help you with any questions or concerns at any time. “Smile is the best form of INTRODUCTION” Looking for a gift idea? Laevo Cook Mortar and Pestle set makes an amazing gift for: birthdays weddings housewarming Or simply a nice treat for yourself or another cook in the house! “Happiness is … giving someone a GIFT”
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mortar And Pestles
If you like making herbaceous or garlic-infused sauces from scratch or enjoy the feeling of working with your hands in the kitchen, then a mortar and pestle is a must-have tool for you. A pestle is a small club-like gadget used to pound ingredients inside the mortar, which is a small bowl. Together, they are a useful duo that helps home cooks and chefs create delicious recipes.
In the kitchen, a mortar and pestle is used to mix wet or oily ingredients to make recipes such as guacamole, hummus and pesto. A mortar and pestle is also used for grinding spices down to a fine powder. However, the kitchen isn’t the only place where a mortar and pestle come in handy. They also have a special place in medicine. Traditionally, mortars and pestles were used in pharmacies to crush various medicines together to create a prescription.
Mortar and pestles can be made from several different ingredients, each lending specific benefits to the user. Ceramic ones are often found throughout Italy and Spain. They are used for grinding up ingredients and making liquid sauces. Marble mortar and pestles are great for grinding dry spices, but the inside is too slippery for crushing up herbs effectively. Granite mortar and pestles are most popular in Thailand and India. The irregular texture of the bowl makes it easier to grind ingredients. Wood ones are most popular in the Mediterranean. However, keep in mind that they absorb the flavors of the food pounded in them.
When on the hunt for a good mortar, be sure to find one that is hefty and durable. Feel the inside with your fingers. It’s important to have a little bit of roughness, but not so much that it is difficult to clean. Ones that are too smooth are very slippery and make it difficult to crush ingredients. Look for a tall, rounded shape to keep ingredients from falling out. Opt for pestles that are broad with a gently rounded base. This keeps ingredients from slipping out underneath it.
The Mortar And Pestle Buying Guide
- For home cooks and professionals alike, the material your mortar and pestle is made from is of the utmost importance. The kind you need will depend on how you primarily plan on using it in the kitchen. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set is made out of unpolished heavy granite. The set is durable and heavy, and will not slip during use. Other models have a double stainless steel construction. Look for a functional design and a non-skid base to keep it in place. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle is made out of apothecary-grade porcelain, which means that it’s easy to clean and doesn’t absorb any flavors or odors. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle is constructed from solid white marble with gray accents. It has an unpolished and natural rough interior.
- As with any kitchen tool, easy cleanup is a major buying factor. After all, if you’ve been working in the kitchen all day, having to scrub the gadgets you used isn’t going to be a lot of fun. When buying your mortar and pestle, opt for one that is designed to be cleaned without too much scrubbing. The ChefSofi Mortar and Pestle Set can be washed with just warm water. It does not need any soap to be cleaned. Stainless steel models are low maintenance and easy to clean. Some even have a mortar that comes with a lid that can be used while pounding ingredients to lessen any splatters and spills on the counter. The Cooler Kitchen Silicone & Porcelain Mortar and Pestle can be placed in the dishwasher, so it is very easy to keep clean. The Sagler Marble Grey Mortar & Pestle can be cleaned simply by wiping it down with a damp cloth. There is no need for scrubbing or soap.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide