LADES Foundation Eyeshadow Makeup Brush, 12-Piece
Last updated date: July 18, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Makeup Brushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Makeup Brush you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Makeup Brushes for a detailed review of all the top makeup brushes.
Not only are the 12 makeup brushes in this set brightly colored in pink and blue, but so is the included storage case. The brushes themselves are made using nylon bristles, so you have everything you need to apply blush, concealer, eyeshadow and mascara.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the LADES Foundation Eyeshadow Makeup Brush, 12-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Many buyers have told me that they don’t know how to use each brush. So I made the above form, A clear understanding of the use of brushes. In fact, some brushes can be used for different purposes. Everyone can try according to their own habits. LADES
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Makeup artist, beauty coach and author
Natalie Setareh is an award-winning international makeup artist, makeup educator and, most recently, author of the book “Be Your Own Makeup Artist: Unleash Your Inner Beauty.” Her makeup career has taken her around the world, from Monterey, California, to Augusta, Georgia, and, most recently, to Wiesbaden, Germany.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Makeup Brushes
With the right set of makeup brushes, you can think like a professional makeup artist and look like a model, all from the comfort of your own home. If all you ever use are the mini brushes included with compacts and palettes, your beauty routine may be ready for a major boost.
Using the right brush will make it much easier for you to apply every step of your makeup. That means less time staring in the mirror and a later wake-up time for you. How can a few little tools make such a huge difference? Overall, the right brush helps you apply makeup in a more precise manner.
There are several factors to consider when shopping for a set of makeup brushes. They range in price but you should be able to find one that fits your budget. The handles and bristles are made of a variety of materials, which come with their own pros and cons.
Then, you need to look at the intended use of each brush. Some are multipurpose while others are precise and aimed at applying one product to one area only, according to our beauty expert Natalie Setareh, a makeup artist, beauty coach and the author of the book “Be Your Own Makeup Artist: Unleash Your Inner Beauty.”
“The traditional rule of thumb that synthetic bristle brushes are best suited for cream products and natural hair bristles are best suited for powders and dry makeup still applies,” she says. “There are also makeup brushes that blend both synthetic and natural hair bristles, which also provide unique functions, depending on the type of makeup application you seek to achieve on a regular basis.”
Arguably, the most important factor is the material used for the bristles. Bristles are made of either synthetic or natural materials. Most professional makeup artists prefer natural bristles.
What really makes natural bristles stand out is that they behave like human hair and have a cuticle. This allows them to grab pigment from your makeup products and hold onto it until you place it exactly where you want it on your face.
One top-quality natural bristle is from the blue squirrel. It’s also the most expensive. Other natural bristles that perform well are pony hair, goat and Kolinsky sable. However, synthetic bristles have come a long way in recent years.
There are also a growing number of eco-friendly brushes made with sustainable materials. These makeup brushes are super soft and excellent for sensitive skin types.
You’ll also want to consider the materials used to make the other parts of the brushes.
“When I shop for brushes, I like to know where and how they are made (for example, hand-made or machine-made), if they are cruelty-free (yes, natural hair brushes can be cruelty-free too), whether or not their handles are anti-bacterial and what the material of the ferrule (the piece that attaches the bristles to the brush) is made of,” says Setareh.
All of these sets include many more brush options than what you’d use on a regular basis. Professional makeup artists suggest a basic foundation of four main brushes. You want a large powder brush, a slightly smaller fluffy multi-use brush, an eye-shadow brush and a smaller shadow brush. The standard eyeshadow brush should be the size of a fingertip, and the second should be about half that size. From there, you can add on a few more sizes for more precision and fine-tuned application.
Brush shapes also vary as well. You want to look for a slightly domed tip with a bit of fluff in all brushes. This shape helps the bristles roll across the skin smoothly. The fluffy texture isn’t just for show. A fluffy brush deposits less pigment so you can be more precise and slowly build for more drama or keep a subtle look.
A high-quality set of brushes truly is a worthwhile investment. When you take care of them properly and clean them regularly, they can last decades. That’s a lot of beautiful years to look forward to.
The Makeup Brush Buying Guide
- It’s more important to have the right brush for each task than a perfectly matching set to display on your vanity.
- The handles and bristles consist of a variety of materials, each of which come with their own pros and cons. Make sure to check the intended use of each brush before buying. Some are multipurpose, while others are precise and aimed at applying one product to one area only.
- Price can play a major factor when shopping for makeup brushes. Sets can range in cost from budget-friendly options to more expensive versions. The BS-Mall Makeup Brushes, for example, are affordable and have extremely soft bristles that make the experience of applying your makeup a comfortable one.
- A few makeup brush sets include bristles that are so soft, some users compare them to a teddy bear’s fur. You’ll also get a great experience with other sets that features dense, but velvety fibers that ensure even application.
- No matter how much you spend on a set of makeup brushes, you’ll want to maintain them by cleaning them regularly. Experts recommend cleaning them with a gentle soap at least once per month. Brushes used around the eye and for applying foundation need a wash every week to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Cleaning makeup brushes is so important, there are dedicated gadgets to help with the cleaning process. Gloves, solutions and mats can all help clear away product buildup from the bristles.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide