L.O.L Surprise! Astrological Doll & 8 Surprises
Last updated date: October 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dolls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Doll you should buy.
Update as October 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Dolls for a detailed review of all the top dolls.
When you open this blind box item, you'll get one of 12 shimmery, glittery horoscope-based star sign dolls along with multiple surprise star-themed accessories, including a party hat. When your little one bathes or feeds the tiny doll with the included bottle (one of the surprises), a color change emerges.
In our analysis, the L.O.L Surprise! L.O.L Surprise! Astrological Doll & 8 Surprises placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unbox 8 surprises and the perfect gift or party favor for any occasion with LOL Surprise Present Surprise Series 2! Each comes already wrapped just like a present in a geometric gift package with a bow and tag. Unbox it to reveal a fierce, fashionable doll with glitter and shimmer details. Each new character is inspired by a star sign from her fashion to her accessories. Will you find your star sign doll? Feed doll with the bottle or bathe your doll to reveal a water surprise, including color change. Each doll also includes star sign themed accessories and a party hat for your doll. 8 surprises: (1) Secret Message; (2) Party Hat; Bottle; (4-5) Accessories; (6) Fashion; (7) Shoes; (8) LOL Surprise Present Surprise Series 2 doll. Collect all 12.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dolls
They’re a classic staple of every home’s playroom, enjoyed by so many children over centuries of use. Dolls are considered one of the most important toys a child can have, as their human-like form allows young ones to make sense of the world. But, for a long time, dolls were assigned solely to female children; parents believed that playing with them would help girls develop the nurturing skills they would need as caregivers later on.
Experts today see the benefits of dolls for all children, regardless of gender. Interacting with dolls can help a child prepare for a new sibling or simply develop empathy and social skills. As children get older, doll play becomes more imaginative, which helps strengthen the creative part of a youth’s personality.
When it comes to purchasing dolls, you have plenty of options to choose from today. Baby dolls are popular with younger children, who progress to fashion figures like Barbie dolls as they grow up. You’ll even find posable figures designed for kids who aren’t quite old enough for the small accessories that come with Barbie.
For younger children, realistic baby dolls can be a great learning tool. These dolls can vary in their functionality, with many speaking or drinking from provided bottles. Some are even bilingual, providing both English and Spanish vocalizations. As you choose from baby dolls, keep in mind that speech can put limitations on your child’s creativity. Instead of pretending the baby is talking, or even talking for the baby, your little one might treat the doll as mere entertainment.
Experts also advise avoiding dolls from popular TV shows and movies. These can also limit the child’s creative input. Also, certain dolls may promote unhealthy body image perceptions in young children, particularly girls. Mattel has even begun releasing Barbie dolls with more realistic body shapes.
Parents play the most important role in what children get out of playing with dolls. If parents emphasize the educational aspects, even an unrealistically-shaped Barbie can be an enriching experience. Dressing Barbie up in clothing specific to various professions can be a great way to empower children and help them try out various careers during play.
The Doll Buying Guide
- Most dolls come with accessories, and many also offer accessory sets that can be purchased separately. Look into the availability of clothing and accessories for any doll you purchase to make sure your child will get extended use out of the new toy.
- Younger children might want to take their dolls everywhere they go. A good bag or backpack to keep accessories together could be valuable.
- Some dolls will require batteries. Check into this before you buy.
- Children don’t have to lose their love for dolls as they get older. Collectibles can be a great way to keep the trend going into their teenage years.
- When playing with dolls, children often imitate the behaviors of their parents. True-to-life accessories like smartphones or briefcases can inspire children who are old enough for smaller accessories.
- L.O.L. Surprise Dolls have become popular in recent years as a stepping stone to posable figure dolls like Barbies. With an L.O.L. Surprise Doll, a child gets an unboxing experience. Each doll comes with several additional items encased in wrapping, which must be revealed. These are typically accessories that go with the doll.
- Rag dolls are a classic favorite for many children. These dolls combine the convenience of cloth toys with the creative aspects of dolls.
- Some experts believe families can benefit from a minimalistic approach to children’s toys. With too many options, children can suffer decision fatigue. They may also rely on their toys to passively amuse them rather than actively interacting with them. By reducing their options, you may actually encourage more creativity and boost the chances those toys will be played with.
- If your children’s toys often linger in a toybox, unused, having them out on display could help. You might also consider rotating toys: simply pull a few toys out and leave them around while tucking the rest out of sight.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide