Kyser Guitar Care Cleaning Kit
Last updated date: November 6, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Guitar Cleaning Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Guitar Cleaning Kit you should buy.
Update as November 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Guitar Cleaning Kit for a detailed review of all the top guitar cleaning kits.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Kyser Guitar Care Cleaning Kit placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
In one box, you’ll have everything you need to keep your instrument looking and sounding great! One 4oz bottle of Kyser String Cleaning: Bright, clean strings make an amazing improvement in the sound of your instrument. Smooth, clear tone can make all the difference in your playing, whether it’s a flat-picked mandolin or a five-string slapped bass. Kyser String Cleaning digs into the tiniest grooves in your strings to remove the oily residue that dulls your sound, and lubricates at the same time for less string buzz and faster riffs. Get the most out of your instrument – with Kyser String Cleaning. New and improved Kyser String Cleaning formula is a milky white color. One 4oz bottle of Kyser Instrument Polish: Kyser Instrument Polish does more than just keep your investment shiny. It keeps off the oil and grime that can get into wood grain over time, to remove buildup before it can start. A cleaner instrument feels better, sounds better, and maintains its value over the years. It’s worth protecting your investment with Kyser Instrument Polish. New and improved Kyser Instrument Polish clear formula. One 4oz bottle of Kyser Lem-Oil: Kyser Lem-Oil might just be the best kept secret for luthiers worldwide. Keeping your fretboard from drying out prolongs the life of your instrument, and keeps it looking shiny and new. A smoother fretboard makes for faster, easier playing. The next time you change your strings, treat your fingerboard to a cleaning with Kyser Lem-Oil. New and improved Kyser Lem-Oil formula is clear and made with real lemons. Three color-coded Ultra Opper Fiber cleaning cloths. Everything in this kit (even the cloth) is made in the USA.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Guitar Cleaning Kits
Whether you’re a professional musician, just learning to play or somewhere in between, cleaning and maintaining your instrument is essential. If your instrument of choice is a guitar, you’re dealing with wood, which requires special polishes and oils to keep it clean while also protecting it against scratches and dings.
A guitar cleaning kit can give you everything you need to clean and polish your favorite instrument. In addition to the right solutions, you’ll also need to have a soft, lint-free cloth handy when it’s time for cleanup. A microfiber cloth is especially useful.
The metal parts of your guitar likely won’t need solution at all. Simply wipe them with your lint-free cloth. For the wood parts of your guitar, though, it’s important to invest in a solution specifically formulated for guitar cleaning. Some formulas limit their use to glossy finishes, while others can be used on guitars that have either a matte or glossy finish. Pay close attention to this before you buy.
Cleaning your guitar isn’t just a matter of ensuring it’s attractive and hygienic. Over time, the oils, sweat, skin cells and other human elements that come into contact with your guitar can damage its finish. It may start to look like it’s taken a beating, and you may see the performance start to degrade, as well.
Harsh chemicals are the enemy when it comes to cleaning your guitar. That’s why traditional cleaning and wood-polishing products aren’t advised for guitars. You’ll also want a polish that doesn’t leave a residue behind. Organic and natural oils are usually great, but your products don’t have to be all-natural to be safe and effective.
Some guitar cleaning products don’t just clean the surface of the instrument, they also protect it. If you find one that can create a layer of protection against scratches and wear, you can keep your guitar looking like new longer.
The Guitar Cleaning Kit Buying Guide
- Use only polishes and oils built for cleaning and polishing guitars. It’s important to avoid any cleaning products with ammonia, abrasives or silicones.
- When using separate products, make sure you keep your cloths separate. Have one for the cleanser and another for the polish, for instance.
- Over time, the strings of your guitar will need repair and tightening. Make sure you have the proper tools on hand to maintain your strings.
- A carrying case can come in handy for keeping everything stored between cleanings. Plus, it can make it easy to take your cleaning kit with you as you leave home for gigs or travel. Some cases are made from high-quality materials for durability and attractiveness.
- If your guitar has scratches and other signs of wear, you may be able to buff it. If it has a satin finish, though, buffing is a bad idea. It can leave the wood looking blotchy.
- You should also take care when caring for vintage guitars. Today’s polishes and cleaners may not be formulated for the materials used to build those guitars. If the guitar has a nitro finish, keep in mind that these guitars are supposed to change color over time.
- Your fretboard will need a specialized product to help clean it. Don’t assume that you can use the same cleaner you used on the wood of the guitar.
- To minimize dirt and the risk of damage, you should always keep your guitar in a case when you’re away from home. If you use a stand to display it while storing at home, make sure the stand is safely away from foot traffic to keep it from being damaged or knocked over.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide