KUTLER Serrated Cake Knife, 14-Inch
Last updated date: November 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Knife you should buy.
Update as November 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cake Knife for a detailed review of all the top cake knives.
If you have a large family, chances are you make your cakes just a little bit bigger. This cake knife comes with an extra long blade to cut through those cakes with ease. The blade is made from a durable stainless steel and has serrated edges that work well to also slice through other bakery items.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the KUTLER Serrated Cake Knife, 14-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Expertly crafted to suit both professional chefs, as well as home kitchen cooks, this 14″ bread knife combines lasting, versatile performance with a comfortable, ergonomic design. The serrated blade of this multi-tasking kitchen tool will amaze as you masterfully slice through bread and glide through cake layers with ease. The high carbon stainless steel blade and comfort grip handle have been designed for perfect balance and control. Slice through thick, crusty artisan breads, bagels, and loaves quickly and effortlessly with the razor-sharp, serrated wavy edge. You will be left with perfect slices and minimal crumbs every time. Cut through sandwiches, pastries and cake layers with ease and precision, you can even chop up neatly uniform slices of pineapple, watermelon, and tomatoes. This all-purpose knife can handle all the tasks your kitchen demands. To maintain the best performance, always carefully wash by hand with soap and warm water, then rinse and dry with a soft towel. The entire line of Kutler knives and accessories is known for providing the finest cutlery at a smart value, appealing to professionals and personal users alike. A premium knife or kitchen shear is one of the most important tools any chef needs in the kitchen and Kutler delivers excellent performance and versatility to help make every meal a masterpiece.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Knives
Every household needs a quality cake knife. Traditional knives can be used, but they aren’t specifically designed for cakes and contain pointed tips that would poke a cake. You want to use the long side of the blade to slice your tasty dessert.
Determine whether you prefer a cake knife with a serrated or smooth blade. Serrated blades can also be used on harder bakery items, such as French bread. Even if you opt for a cake knife with a serrated blade, you can use the opposite smooth side to apply frosting to the outside of the cake.
Make sure the handle of the cake knife you’re interested in is sturdy and well-designed. You need it to hold up under the weight of your cut. The KUTLER Cake Slicer, 14-Inch is a good choice as it has an ergonomic handle with a solid non-slip grip.
Another option is to go with a cake knife set that includes both the knife and a server. The server is made in the shape of a slice of cake and is able to lift the slice out and onto the recipient’s plate without the cake falling apart. These sets often come in stainless steel, which is rust- and stain-resistant. Some knives tend to feature a design on the handle of the knife and server for added elegance.
Check for any extras. For example, some models come with a beautiful gift box. That would make it an excellent choice if you’re in need of a wedding or housewarming gift.
The Cake Knife Buying Guide
- Always check the cake knife’s product care label to determine whether it can be placed in a dishwasher or not. Keep in mind that most utensils have a longer life when washed by hand, even if they are listed as dishwasher-safe.
- When selecting a cake knife, make sure it is at least 2-inches longer than the width of the cake.
- It’s helpful to set your cake on a turntable when slicing the cake into layers.
- Run the knife’s blade under hot water and wipe it clean with a paper towel every couple of slices. This will keep your cuts nice and smooth.
- As you compare and contrast cake knife prices, you’ll need to look at both the construction of the knife and whether it is paired with a server. You can expect a knife that has a smaller handle that isn’t as sturdy and durable to be cheaper than a more reliable model. Also, models with accents and silver-plated metal construction are able to command a higher price than less elegant knives.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide