Kuhn Rikon 2315 Epicurean Garlic Press
Last updated date: May 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garlic Presses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garlic Press you should buy.
Editor's Note October 10, 2019:
Checkout The Best Garlic Press for a detailed review of all the top garlic presses.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Kuhn Rikon Kuhn Rikon 2315 Epicurean Garlic Press placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The ultimate garlic press – as efficient as it is exquisite – right down to its easy-to-clean, pull-out sieve. Ergonomically designed in stainless steel, it gives you better results for less effort. Unlike other presses, our garlic press has beveled holes that finely cut the clove rather than bruising it, bringing out the best flavor. Our ergonomic handle and powerful lever make pressing garlic effortless. Stainless steel sieve swings out for easy cleanup. This handsome, all-stainless steel garlic press is simple the best. It's so efficient that it can press unpeeled cloves and even presses ginger. Designed to fit comfortable into the palm of the hand, it has been engineered to require far less effort to use than other presses. The sieve hinges out to flush clean under water. Product has a 2 year warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garlic Presses
Creating flavorful meals at home is often fun and relaxing — not to mention, better for you. The downside is the time it takes to prep certain foods. When it comes to garlic, you can cut that prep time significantly by using a garlic press. Before you buy one though, you’ll want to read this guide to learn exactly what to look for in a quality garlic press.
Take a look at the material used to construct the garlic press. Some are made from stainless steel, while others are created using zinc alloy. Both are durable and resistant to rust, but the stainless steel is a bit heavier than the zinc alloy.
Examine the garlic chamber. If you don’t cook too often, or you cook often but only for two, a small chamber that fits just one clove of garlic at a time is fine. Should you prepare dinner for a large family on a regular basis, then you’ll need a chamber that can crush around three cloves at once, like the OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press.
Determine whether the garlic press is able to crush more than just garlic. The Orblue Garlic Press Set also chops nuts and crushes ginger. The Alpha Griller Garlic Press Set can also do this, but this model goes a step further by allowing you to crush garlic cloves without removing the skin. That further cuts back on the time you spend prepping the food.
You’ll also want to consider the handles and whether the garlic press is easy to squeeze with minimal effort. It’s beneficial if the handles have a non-slip coating, although not all models have this feature. The Kebley Professional Soft-Handled Garlic Press has a soft handle that is comfortable to hold. Other models feature a special ergonomic design that is worth trying.
The Garlic Press Buying Guide
- Read the company’s return policy before choosing a garlic press. Some companies make returning any defective products a breeze. Others even offer a lifetime warranty with the promise that if you don’t love the press, they will give you your money back.
- When purchasing garlic to use in your press, look for bulbs that have tight skin. They should also be free from any green shoots.
- Cleaning garlic presses can be done one of two ways. You can run the product under hot water to dislodge any leftover bits of garlic and then wash them in a pan of soapy water or place them right in your dishwasher.
- If you have any trouble dislodging food from the garlic press, you can use a toothpick to poke the food back through the holes.
- It’s best to store your garlic press out of the reach of small children. Garlic presses have spikes that may cause cuts or scratches to small curious fingers.
- When storing garlic that has been pressed, use a glass container. Plastic containers will hold the garlic odor long after you’ve finished using them.
- As you are shopping around for the best garlic press, make sure you compare prices. Some models, like the OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press and the Kebley Professional Soft-Handled Garlic Press, have a few features that make them worth a little more money. For example, they have non-slip handles and are able to crush multiple cloves of garlic at once. Other models, like the Orblue Garlic Press Set and the Alpha Griller Garlic Press Set, have rounded handles and smaller garlic chambers that keep costs lower.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide