KOTAMU Hard Wax Beads & Digital Warmer Waxing Kit
Last updated date: January 18, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waxing Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waxing Kit you should buy.
Update as January 18, 2023:
Checkout The Best Waxing Kit for a detailed review of all the top waxing kits.
This kit provides four bags of wax beads including two bags each for fine and coarse hair. The pink warmer is straightforward and reliable to use. You also get spatulas in two sizes.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the KOTAMU Hard Wax Beads & Digital Warmer Waxing Kit placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WHY WE LOVE THE WAXING KIT – “I was shocked that this wax consistently removes the entire hair, tip to root.” Nothing will ever compare if you are getting salon-grade hair-removal result that lasts up to 6 weeks! DIY BIKINI/BRAZILIAN WAX – When it comes to sensitive spots, hard wax definitely is a better choice since it would only stick to the hairs (not skin, ouch!). Friendly to any wax newbie, this at home waxing starter kit will get the unwanted coarse & fine body hair removed while save your Bigg… 10 MINS TO HEAT – Wax that doesn’t melt evenly can crack and go brittle…That’s why the “Automatic Keep Warm” function matters: your pearl wax always stays ready for serving! Featuring the innovative PTC heating technology, Kotamu wax warmer for hair removal just provides more UNIFORM HEATING. FULL BODY WAX KIT – Super fed up with the messy and smelly depilatories? Here’s your way to go! The light and pleasant scent indicates the soothing, gentle formula(wax beads for sensitive skin!) and thus is ideal for face, chest, back, arms and legs’ flawless hair removal. 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY – Outside of Return Window while needing a replacement? Please feel free to reach out directly via Amazon. Kotamu takes pride in its high quality waxing essentials. That’s why we are happy to help if there’s any defect/problem regarding our hard wax kit. WAX READY IN ONE GO – Only one step and wax is ready to serve your SKIN! Simply rotate the knob to your perfect spot, e.g., one may figure out that 165°F is best for waxing her legs. It is NORMAL for the thermostat to go up and up. This is to allow the wax heater to fully warm up. It will automatically cool down to your desired temp.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Waxing Kits
If you’d like long-lasting results that shaving can’t provide, a waxing kit offers the benefit of convenient hair removal and can save you on trips to the salon. Even if you’ve never waxed before, you can find safe and easy-to-use kits that are aimed at beginners and include clear instructions. You also have options if you’d like to use a waxing experience with less of a mess to clean up.
One option is a waxing kit that includes a cold wax that doesn’t require a special warmer and can feel more comfortable to use. Ideal for areas with finer hair, cold wax requires the use of strips that you’ll press down and pull off the skin. Great for beginners, these kits involve ready-to-use wax strips that you can rub between your hands and apply without a big mess. You can easily cut the strips if you’re working on a small area like your eyebrows or upper lip.
As another option, wax kits with hot wax require more preparation and skill to use, but they’re ideal for removing coarse hair and dealing with large areas. The wax can come in a gel, disc or bead form, and you need to put it in a special warmer so it can get to the right temperature and consistency for use. You use a spatula to apply the wax directly to the target area. If the hot wax is soft, you’ll need to use a strip to pull it off, but other types of hot wax will harden so you won’t need the help of a strip.
Whether you choose a cold or hot waxing kit, pay attention to the contents so that you have all the items you need. For example, a hot waxing kit should include a warmer, sufficient starter wax, spatulas, strips (if soft wax) and ideally some accessories for prepping and soothing the skin. You should also look at the wax’s ingredients to check if they’re suitable for people with sensitive skin and don’t contain something you’ve had an allergic reaction to.
The Waxing Kit Buying Guide
- Before you wax, you’ll ideally want the hair to have grown out to around a quarter of an inch. Otherwise, you can have trouble getting the wax to grab the hair to pull it out.
- You can typically expect your at-home wax results to last between four and six weeks. However, your hair growth speed may vary, and the area you waxed also plays a factor.
- If you have concerns over the waxing process hurting, consider putting on a numbing cream around a half hour beforehand. It also helps to make sure you don’t apply hot wax when it’s too warm since this can cause burns and more pain.
- It’s essential to prep your skin before you start using your waxing kit. You’ll want to thoroughly clean and exfoliate the area but avoid using any irritating creams and chemicals.
- Try waxing a small area of your skin as a test before you move forward with a larger area. This will help you identify potential allergies and sensitivities before they cause a bigger problem.
- You should apply the wax in the same direction as the hair grows, press down so the wax can grab the hairs, and then pull the hard wax or wax strip off in the opposite direction that the hair grows.
- After you finish waxing, try to apply a moisturizer to your dry skin since this has a soothing effect and can also help get rid of residue. Baby oil is a popular option. You can also try a cold compress and avoid wearing anything tight around the waxed area to feel more comfortable. Lastly, wait at least a few days before you exfoliate the area.
- Keep in mind that using an at-home waxing kit comes with risks. You should closely follow the instructions on the kit and avoid waxing the same skin area multiple times. In addition, if using hot wax, choose a warming setting that isn’t so hot that it could burn your skin. Lastly, be careful when using wax around sensitive areas.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide