Kootek Rotating Turntable Icing Smoother Cake Stand, 11-Inch
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Stand you should buy.
Editor's Note June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cake Stand for a detailed review of all the top cake stands.
We love that the Kootek 11 Inch Revolving Cake Stand revolves for easy frosting. It moves clockwise or counterclockwise for left and right-handed bakers. It comes with a decorating comb, icing smoother, spatulas and a cake cutter.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Kootek Kootek Rotating Cake Stand, 11-Inch placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
cake turntable Kootek Basic tools for decorating a cake: turntable, icing smoother, offset spatula and bench scraper. The advantage of having a revolving cake stand is that it gives you easy access to all sides of the cake for frosting. you can be a bit casual with the frosting, or “make-do” by manually rotating a cake stand or serving plate. But if you frost cakes regularly, or make them often for parties/birthdays/occasions where you want to ensure an extra-nice frosting job is done, Kootek cake turntable is great for you. kootek, turntable, spatula, icing smoother, stand, white Scraper To achieve super-smooth edges on both the crumb coat and final layer, hold a scraper in your dominant hand and then use the other hand to grip the turntable so you’ll be able to turn it as close to one complete rotation as you can. (If you’re right-handed, you’ll be rotating it counterclockwise and vice versa.) Begin rotating the cake and then gradually press the scraper up against the side, continuing to rotate at an even pace. Release pressure gradually while continuing to rotate the cake and scrape off the bench scraper. Continue until the desired smoothness is achieved. This step takes practice. kootek, turntable, spatula, icing smoother, stand, white Ombré cakes Mix food coloring into each of the bowls. Frost the top of the cake with an offset spatula. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip with the lightest shade and pipe around the edge of the cake. Once you’ve made a complete rotation, squeeze out all of the remaining frosting from the bag and then fill it with the next shade and pipe directly next to the frosting that you just piped on. Use a scraper to scrape off all of the excess frosting and create smooth edges. kootek, turntable, spatula, icing smoother, stand, white Soothing Cake Edge When you are done applying the icing to the sides of the cake, it’s time to smooth it. . Place it against the side of the cake. You want to hold it straight up and down, as straight as possible. Hold your icing smoother in the same place and use your other hand to turn the turntable. Continue to turn the turntable, scraping the icing to make perfect designs on the side or top of cakes. piping bag pastry bag Kootek 2 Pack Cake Boards Kootek 35-in-1 Cake Decorating Supplies Kootek 18 Pieces Silicone Piping Bags Kootek 47 Cake Decorating Supplies Kootek 100 Pieces Disposable Pastry Bags Kootek 4 Pack Ice Cube Trays Package Quantity 2 35 18 47 100+5 4 Reusable ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ X ✓ Materials Acrylic Aluminium Alloy + Stainless Steel Silicone Stainless Steel + Silicone PP Silicone + PP
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Stands
Whether you’re a baking pro or just learning how to frost your first masterpiece, the right cake stand can elevate any creation. Placing your cakes, cupcakes, cookies and bars on a stand will make your countertop feel like a professional bakery. It also makes your baked goods more appealing at bake sales or other public events.
There are two types of cake stands: functional and display. Functional cake stands are simple stands that rotate 360 degrees to help you ice and decorate every inch of your cake. They’re made of materials like acrylic, stainless steel, silicone and aluminum alloy.
Functional cake stands often come with sets of decorating tools, like spatulas, decorating combs and icing smoothers. The best functional cake stands have safeguards to keep your cake in place as you ice it. Look for features like non-slip surfaces and rubber feet to prevent a decorating disaster.
Display cake stands show off your cakes once you’re done decorating them. They’re made from food-grade acrylic, metal or even wrought iron. They’re often adorned with tassels, beads and fun colors.
Single-level cake stands are great for presenting full-sized cakes at birthday parties or professional catering events. They also class up ordinary cakes on your kitchen counter. Tiered cake stands are best for showing off batches of cupcakes or other small sweets.
Now that you’ve got some basic knowledge about cake stands, you can read our Tips & Advice for nitty-gritty details
The Cake Stand Buying Guide
- Think about what kinds of baked goods you make the most frequently before you buy. If you’re all about full-sized cakes, a single-level cake stand is best. If you’re a cupcake aficionado, select a tiered cake stand to show them off.
- Check out the size and weight limits on your cake stand before you buy.
- How often do you bake? If you only make cakes and cupcakes for special occasions, an inexpensive acrylic or plastic stand will be more financially appropriate. Frequent bakers should feel free to invest in a pricier option with tassels or a fancy paint job.
- Most cake stands from online vendors will come in pieces that need to be assembled. Check and see that you have any tools you might need before you buy.
- If you’re buying a functional cake stand to help you ice and decorate your cake, make sure that it looks nice enough to double as a display cake stand. If it doesn’t, be very careful when you’re transferring your cake from the functional stand to its final destination.
- Scope out any included tools that come with a functional cake stand. Most of them come with scrapers (for smoothing edges as you spin the cake in place), decorating combs (to create ridged patterns on the sides) and spatulas (for smoothing on thick layers of icing). These sets are a great way to learn the basics of cake decorating without spending a ton of money.
- Some cake stands are dishwasher safe, but handwashing will help them last longer. Acrylic and plastic stands will wipe clean with a wet cloth and some dish soap. More complex materials like steel or wrought iron may require special cleaning solutions.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide