Kool Krafts Origami Paper Kit, 300-Sheets
Last updated date: February 18, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Origami Papers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Origami Paper you should buy.
Editor's Note February 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Origami Paper for a detailed review of all the top origami papers.
The Kool Krafts Origami Paper Kit, 300-Sheets contains vibrant reds, oranges, yellows, greens and blues that assist in making the most attractive origami creations. The set even comes with an instruction booklet that has 25 easy to follow projects. You can give the kit as a gift or keep it as a hobby to work on in your down time.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Kool Krafts Kool Krafts Origami Paper Kit, 300-Sheets placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Hours of fun and a lifetime of memories! With Kool Krafts and the amazing Origami Paper Set, you and your child will have a blast creating your very own Origami artful pieces that you can keep forever. Unleash your creative side with unlimited hours of fun! Master the ancient art of Origami with easy to follow step by step illustrations. Easy to make, stunning craftsmanship - Kool Krafts will make a wonderful addition to any child's creative growth and playtime!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Origami Papers
If you’re searching for a fun hobby that the whole family can participate in on a quiet Sunday afternoon, consider giving origami a try. Origami is a Japanese art that is very inexpensive, so it won’t put a dent in your activities budget.
Beginners will want to start off with an origami paper kit that features solid colors only. After you’ve successfully made a few figures, you can move on to paper that is double-sided. For example, the sheet may have light blue on one side and dark blue on the other. More experienced origami artists may wish to switch to paper that is decorated with patterns or shapes.
Origami paper sets are sold in small and large packs. An individual may find a pack of 120 or 200 sheets is plenty, however, a family working on a few origami projects together would do better with a pack with either 300 or 500 sheets.
Once you know the type of paper you’re looking for and how many sheets are best, you need to review the quality of the paper itself. Typical writing paper, for example, is too thin and will rip when you try to create with it. You’ll need a thicker paper that will hold a crisp fold without tearing. Also, make sure that the paper is AZO-free and without any unpleasant odors.
Check to see if the kit includes a booklet or a download with instructions on creating a few origami figures. This will eliminate the need to purchase a separate book, as well as give you the opportunity to get started right away.
The Origami Paper Buying Guide
- Consider opting for a set of origami paper that comes with a satisfaction guarantee. That way if there are any problems with your order, you’ll be able to request a replacement or a refund.
- When creating origami figures, it’s a good idea to run your fingernail across each crease. This keeps your creases neat and sharp.
- Beginners should stick with origami projects that have 10 or fewer steps. Once those projects are mastered, you can move on to more difficult models.
- While there are plenty of origami books on the market to help you get started, Pinterest and YouTube also have excellent pointers and tips for adults and children new to the hobby.
- There are two things you want to consider when comparing the price of origami paper. The first is the number of sheets you get in each set. For example, you’ll naturally pay more for the Origami Craze Origami Paper, 500-Sheets than the Bubu Double Sided Origami Paper, 200-Sheets, as you get 300 additional sheets of paper. Second, you’ll need to look at whether the sheets are plain colored or decorated with a design. The MozArt Supplies Origami Paper Set, 120-Sheets turns out to be more per sheet than the Kool Krafts Origami Paper Kit, 300-Sheets because it has 40 different patterns to choose from.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide