KoluaWax Premium Hard Wax Bead & Digital Warmer Waxing Kit
Last updated date: January 18, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waxing Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waxing Kit you should buy.
Update as January 18, 2023:
Checkout The Best Waxing Kit for a detailed review of all the top waxing kits.
Featuring hard waxes labeled for specific uses, this kit has everything you need to get started. The convenient warmer comes in both black and pink. You get a few bottles of oils and some spatulas too.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the KoluaWax Premium Hard Wax Bead & Digital Warmer Waxing Kit placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
INCLUDES: Premium Digital Wax Warmer + Removable Silicone Bowl + 4 Bags of Hard Wax Beads + Pre-Wax Oil + Post-Wax Oil + 10 Large Applicator Sticks + 10 Mini Brow Sticks + How to Guide 3 WAXES FOR 3 AREAS: Bikini Babe targets thick, stubborn hair. Bare Faced targets fine, facial hair. Best Loved is made for all-over use. NO MORE BURNS: Our Digital Wax Warmer features a precise temperature display for safety and control. EASY TO CLEAN: Our non-stick, silicone bowl makes cleaning a breeze. Let the wax harden in the bowl after use, then peel it out in one solid piece for reuse. UP TO 6 WEEKS OF SMOOTH: Salon-quality results for a fraction of the price. Wax on your schedule, right from the comfort of home. SAVE TIME & MONEY: Salons charge up to $40 for a single bikini wax. This kit comes with enough wax beads for over 30 bikini waxes — so you can save money and skip long visits to the salon.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Waxing Kits
If you’d like long-lasting results that shaving can’t provide, a waxing kit offers the benefit of convenient hair removal and can save you on trips to the salon. Even if you’ve never waxed before, you can find safe and easy-to-use kits that are aimed at beginners and include clear instructions. You also have options if you’d like to use a waxing experience with less of a mess to clean up.
One option is a waxing kit that includes a cold wax that doesn’t require a special warmer and can feel more comfortable to use. Ideal for areas with finer hair, cold wax requires the use of strips that you’ll press down and pull off the skin. Great for beginners, these kits involve ready-to-use wax strips that you can rub between your hands and apply without a big mess. You can easily cut the strips if you’re working on a small area like your eyebrows or upper lip.
As another option, wax kits with hot wax require more preparation and skill to use, but they’re ideal for removing coarse hair and dealing with large areas. The wax can come in a gel, disc or bead form, and you need to put it in a special warmer so it can get to the right temperature and consistency for use. You use a spatula to apply the wax directly to the target area. If the hot wax is soft, you’ll need to use a strip to pull it off, but other types of hot wax will harden so you won’t need the help of a strip.
Whether you choose a cold or hot waxing kit, pay attention to the contents so that you have all the items you need. For example, a hot waxing kit should include a warmer, sufficient starter wax, spatulas, strips (if soft wax) and ideally some accessories for prepping and soothing the skin. You should also look at the wax’s ingredients to check if they’re suitable for people with sensitive skin and don’t contain something you’ve had an allergic reaction to.
The Waxing Kit Buying Guide
- Before you wax, you’ll ideally want the hair to have grown out to around a quarter of an inch. Otherwise, you can have trouble getting the wax to grab the hair to pull it out.
- You can typically expect your at-home wax results to last between four and six weeks. However, your hair growth speed may vary, and the area you waxed also plays a factor.
- If you have concerns over the waxing process hurting, consider putting on a numbing cream around a half hour beforehand. It also helps to make sure you don’t apply hot wax when it’s too warm since this can cause burns and more pain.
- It’s essential to prep your skin before you start using your waxing kit. You’ll want to thoroughly clean and exfoliate the area but avoid using any irritating creams and chemicals.
- Try waxing a small area of your skin as a test before you move forward with a larger area. This will help you identify potential allergies and sensitivities before they cause a bigger problem.
- You should apply the wax in the same direction as the hair grows, press down so the wax can grab the hairs, and then pull the hard wax or wax strip off in the opposite direction that the hair grows.
- After you finish waxing, try to apply a moisturizer to your dry skin since this has a soothing effect and can also help get rid of residue. Baby oil is a popular option. You can also try a cold compress and avoid wearing anything tight around the waxed area to feel more comfortable. Lastly, wait at least a few days before you exfoliate the area.
- Keep in mind that using an at-home waxing kit comes with risks. You should closely follow the instructions on the kit and avoid waxing the same skin area multiple times. In addition, if using hot wax, choose a warming setting that isn’t so hot that it could burn your skin. Lastly, be careful when using wax around sensitive areas.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide