Koldfront Slim-Fit Freestanding Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
Last updated date: March 31, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wine Cooler Refrigerators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wine Cooler Refrigerator you should buy.
Equipped with an adjustable thermostat, the Koldfront Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler keeps wine nice and chilled between 52 and 64-degrees Fahrenheit. The unit is vertical instead of horizontal, so that it fits in small spaces. Each pull-out rack holds two bottles of wine and you'll find a total of six racks in each refrigerator. In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Koldfront Koldfront Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wine Cooler Refrigerator for a detailed review of all the top wine cooler refrigerators.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Keep your wine collection chilled and ready to drink with the Koldfront 12 Bottle Stainless Steel Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler (TWR121SS-KF). This small, compact unit can hold up to 12 wine bottles, allowing you to showcase your collection or keep them chilled for entertaining guests or throwing wine tastings. The reversible stainless steel-trimmed double paned glass door will allow you to store your favorite wines at an optimal temperature while still allowing you to view your collection. Providing side-by-side storage for two (2) 750 ml bottles per shelf, this slender cooler fits comfortably in the home and takes up little space. The built-in adjustable thermostat allows you to control and maintain the temperature of the unit between 52-64 degrees F, keeping the optimal wine temperature for both red and white wines. This cooler's presentation makes it perfect for showing fellow wine enthusiasts, as the stainless steel-trimmed door and the black cabinet make it perfect for setting in your kitchen or wine cellar. The five (5) removable slide-out scalloped chrome racks hold your bottles in an elegant setting, while the soft interior LED lighting illuminates your collection without exposing it to too much light and ruining the wine. Ideal for amateur and professional wine collectors alike, this wine fridge will hold and chill your collection with style and class. PLEASE NOTE: this wine cooler is designed to fit standard sized Bordeaux bottles. External Dimensions: 26" H x 11 13/16" W x 21 1/16" D Internal Dimensions: 25 9/16" H x 10 1/4" W x 19 11/16" D Capacity based on standard Bordeaux style wine bottles with a diameter of 2.75"
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wine Cooler Refrigerators
Whether you frequently host dinner parties, or you simply enjoy a glass of wine with your meals, a wine cooler refrigerator is an excellent purchase. You’ll be able to keep your favorite wines at an ideal temperature so that they are ready for consumption at a moment’s notice.
Before you browse the available wine cooler refrigerators on the market, you need to take a look at your kitchen or dining space. There are larger models that sit right on your floor, vertical units that fit in between a counter and a table and miniature models that rest right on your counter or tabletop.
Determine how many wine bottles you’d like the wine cooler refrigerator to hold, assuming you have the space. There are units that fit just 12 bottles, as well as coolers that can hold 15 and 18 bottles.
Check the temperature settings next. There are single zones with adjustable temperatures between 52 and 64-degrees Fahrenheit, as well as dual zones that allow you to keep white wines colder than your red wines. Look for an easy-to-use digital display that also has a button that turns on an internal light, so that you can view the bottles in the evening light.
Consider a wine cooler refrigerator that is energy efficient, has low to no vibration and runs quietly. It’s an added bonus if the model also keeps out UV light and has a secure door seal to prevent moisture.
Homes with small children will need a wine cooler refrigerator with an automatic child lock. This type of lock will activate a few seconds after the cooler’s door has closed to keep young ones from accessing a bottle when parents aren’t in the room.
DYWM Fun Fact
Back in Biblical times, wine was stored in wineskins that were typically made from goat skins. Later, archaeologists discovered clay jars that were used to hold fermented fruit juices, like wine.
It is believed that the first wine cellar existed more than 3,700 years ago in the city of Tel Kabri. Amazingly, this cellar is believed to have held as many as 3,000 wine bottles. Thanks to the invention of electricity and refrigeration, we can now store our wine in specially designed wine coolers.
The Wine Cooler Refrigerator Buying Guide
- Not all wine coolers have door locks to keep children out.
- Larger bottles might not fit on certain wine racks. You may need to remove a rack to store them, which means the cooler won’t be able to hold its listed number of wine bottles.
- White wines are typically stored in cooler temperatures than red wines. If you prefer white wine, keep this in mind as you browse the available wine cooler refrigerators, as some have limited temperature settings.
- When making big purchases, such as a wine cooler refrigerator, it’s best to go with a company that offers some type of product protection. Look for a customer satisfaction guarantee or a 1-year warranty with free returns or exchanges within the first 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Wine cooler refrigerator prices vary by the number of bottles they hold, as well as the number of extra features they have. When comparing prices, it’s a good idea to divide the overall price by the number of bottles the unit holds. If the unit has extra features, you’ll want to take that into consideration after you know the price per bottle. On the lower end of the price range, you’ll find the hOmelabs Freestanding Single Zone Wine Cooler and the Koldfront Slim-Fit Thermoelectric Wine Cooler. The Ivation Thermoelectric Countertop Wine Cooler is moderately priced, while the NutriChef Compact Countertop Wine Cooler is the most expensive.