Kohler Forte Showerhead
Last updated date: June 12, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Showerheads and dug through the reviews from 1 of the most popular review sites including New York Times Wirecutter and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Showerhead you should buy.
When you purchase the Kohler Forte Showerhead, you will find excellent features such as aeration setting that creates a softer showering experience. With two flow rates available, 1.75 GPM or 2.5 GPM, consumers can have water conserving option when they choose. This showerhead is made of quality materials and the ball joint offers a large pivot radius, so you can get water to the far-reaching areas of the tub for cleaning purposes. In our analysis of 120 expert reviews, the Kohler Kohler Forte Showerhead placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2019:
Checkout The Best Showerhead for a detailed review of all the top showerheads.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bringing classic style to your bathroom, This forte multifunction showerhead provides three distinct sprays - full coverage, pulsating massage, or silk spray - all enhanced with katalyst technology for a completely indulgent showering experience. By infusing two liters of air per minute, katalyst delivers a powerful, voluptuous spray that clings to the body with larger, fuller water drops.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Showerheads
- Be sure to research showerheads online before heading to the store.
- Get a budget in place before shopping.
- Compare prices online between the different stores. Some stores will price match with the lowest price.
- Rely on reviews to get a well-rounded idea of quality.
- In-store displays can help you to picture the showerhead in the setting of a shower, so you can see what it will look like in a bathroom. This is particularly helpful during a bathroom remodel.
- If you decide to do a panel showerhead that runs along the wall of the shower, it is advised to hire a contractor.
- Purchasing a showerhead with a lower GPM will increase your energy savings.
- If you have hard water or water with impurities, consider a unit with a filter in it such as the Culligan Wall-Mounted Showerhead.
- For a true rain shower effect, use a top-mount shower arm to fix the product overhead.
- Some cities, towns or counties place limitations on multiple showerheads in one shower so be sure to check your environmental restrictions in your area before moving forward with that option.
- Lighted showerheads are a modern twist on the shower experience. They are created with LED lighting that can be adjusted for creating the perfect ambiance.
DYWM Fun Fact
- Before modern day plumbing, ancient civilizations like Greece and Rome used aqueducts to facilitate water to public baths. Egyptians filled jugs with water and used those to bathe.
- On average, shower water temperature is 108 degrees Fahrenheit. Roughly 20 gallons of water is used in a five-minute shower. Most people spend roughly eight minutes in the shower. Women take longer showers than men on average.
- 70% of men take daily showers while only 57% of women take daily showers. In 1985, the world record was set by Kevin McCarthy at 341 hours for the longest shower ever taken.
- Mexico has the highest shower rate at 90% with Australia to follow and US coming in fourth. Only 25% of Chinese men shower on a daily basis.
The Showerhead Buying Guide
It can be dizzying to shop for showerheads when you need a new one. It will surely be worth it when you invest in a new one, and there are only a few things to consider when making this purchase. Researching before you hit the store will help immensely when you go to buy a new showerhead.
The numbers and letter combinations on the showerhead packaging will tell you the flow rate of that particular product. The flow rate is the amount of water dispensed every minute from the showerhead. If it says 1.75 GPM, you know it sprays 1.75 gallons per minute while in use. The maximum allowed flow rate of showerheads is 2.5 gallons per minute set by federal regulations.
There are several types of showerheads for your specific needs and wants. Think about what would work best in your shower and household before heading to the store.
If you aren’t picky and you just want a showerhead that is stationary and does the job, a fixed showerhead is probably best for you. They are screwed onto the shower arm, and most of them can be adjusted with different settings for different pressure and sprays. A few great examples are the Culligan Wall-Mounted Showerhead and the Kohler Forte Showerhead. These are fixed to the shower arm and offer the most popular settings for a relaxing and cleansing shower.
The hand-held showerhead has a hose attached to it, and when not in use, it rests in a fixed holder at the tip of the shower arm. There are countless reasons to purchase a hand-held showerhead. If you have kids, it makes rinsing them off easy; it is great for cleaning bathtubs and spraying down those corners and niches; and they are great for elderly who need to sit and need a showerhead to accommodate them. Moen Engage Six-Function Showerhead is an awesome hand-held option for consumers looking for this style.
If you prefer both fixed and hand-held, there are combination showerheads that offer that. These dual products are often seamless, so it looks like one piece when hanging. You can detach the interior, hand-held portion from the rim that is fixed to the shower arm. There are quite a few varieties of the dual style showerheads, so you can shop for one that matches your bathroom style.
A slide bar can be an added option for your showerhead. The bar is added to the shower wall and has a cradle that the showerhead rests in when you have set it to your desired height. These make the most sense if you have kids or need to just wash your body and not your hair. The adjustable height is an accommodating feature for everyone in the family.
In addition to style, there are several other options that might appeal to you when buying a showerhead. The settings you will find in the showerheads include massage, jet, aeration, pulse and mist to name a few. Most showerheads will offer all these settings in an adjustable head. Carefully read the packaging to check what setting the product offers.
One of the most popular setting is the rain shower setting. They now make showerheads that are exclusively rain showerheads. With large surface area and carefully designed holes, these showerheads will give you a feeling of standing in the rain. The Moen Velocity Two-Function Rainshower is a great example of a rain showerhead. It will surely give you that relaxing shower experience that you seek.
If you are a consumer that is conscientious about conserving water and keeping natural resources in check, there are quite a few water-saving showerheads on the market for you. Some showerheads use as little as one gallon per minute. The other advantage to these showerheads is that they will cut back on the electricity or gas used to heat the water as well.
Showerheads will last quite a few years when you take the time to research, and pick the one that’s right for you and your household. You won’t regret buying a new showerhead when your old one starts to give you problems.