Klein Tools Double-Sided Cushioned Handle Ratcheting Screwdriver
Last updated date: December 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ratcheting Screwdrivers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ratcheting Screwdriver you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best Ratcheting Screwdriver for a detailed review of all the top ratcheting screwdrivers.
This ratcheting screwdriver with a 1/4-inch nut driver does the job of 15 different tools, making it an excellent choice for individuals who don't have a lot of storage space. The screwdriver has a cushioned handle with a surface that helps you get a good grip. You'll also find 14 bits neatly stored inside the handle.
In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Klein Tools Double-Sided Cushioned Handle Ratcheting Screwdriver placed 2nd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Klein Tools Multi-Bit Screwdrivers help make your job a little easier. The 15-in-1 Ratcheting Screwdrivers durable ratcheting mechanism allows for faster and easier all-day driving. With the on-board storage of 14 common bits and a 1/4-Inch nut driver, this is your new everyday screwdriver. This screwdriver features industrial-strength bits as well as Cushion-Grip handles for outstanding comfort and control. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-quality, professiol-grade hand tools that deliver the performance, durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials, superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can. Klein isn’t just the me of our company, it’s also our family me. And since we’re an American company that’s family-owned and family-run, you know you can count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn’t just make great products, we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professiols who use them every day … Since 1857.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ratcheting Screwdrivers
A ratcheting screwdriver is a handy tool that really speeds up the process of installing or removing a set of screws. It works by eliminating the need to continuously reposition your wrist with every turn of the screwdriver. Instead, the screwdriver’s handle moves, while the head stays firmly planted on the screw. If you don’t have a ratcheting screwdriver, you’ll want to invest in a set that comes with a variety of bits to help you complete just about any project around the home.
Consider how much maintenance you’re comfortable doing. If you only plan on fixing a few furniture pieces, a model with six of the most widely used bits is all you need. Sometimes the model will have a handle that doubles as storage for the bits.
You’ll want to opt for a larger set if you’re handier. The Jakemy Rotatable Magnetic Ratcheting Screwdriver comes with a total of 69 pieces that will allow you to work on your car, home and electronic devices. Inside this all-inclusive kit, you’ll get a large and small screwdriver, two different extension shafts, sockets, precision tweezers and a host of steel bits.
Check the handle of the ratcheting screwdriver you’re interested in next. You want to go with a model that is ergonomically designed, as these are more comfortable and put less stress on your wrist. Some are even resistant to oil, which is great if you do a lot of work on cars. Most of the handles are designed with three different settings, but you’ll want to check and make sure this feature is included just to be sure.
Look for a ratcheting screwdriver with extra features that make it more functional. For example, there’s a model that comes with a magnetic pick-up tool that can quickly grab any screws you accidentally drop. Others provide a carrying case equipped with a slot for each piece in the set.
The Ratcheting Screwdriver Buying Guide
- You might need to use an extension shaft with the screwdriver head if it isn’t long enough to meet your needs.
- To insert a bit into your screwdriver, you’ll need to grasp the tip firmly with your thumb and forefinger. Slide the bit carefully into the hole of the screwdriver’s blade. If the screwdriver uses magnets, you only need to make sure the connection is secure. All other screwdriver bits will need to be twisted slightly to lock them in place.
- When you’re ready to remove or change bits, you’ll need to take a dry cloth and wipe your hands free of any sweat or oil. This way you can get a good grip on the tip of the bit. All you need to do is pull the bit straight out and you’re all set.
- Every so often, you’ll need to clean your ratcheting screwdriver. Keeping tools clean is a great way to extend the life of your tools. If the screwdriver isn’t too dirty, you can simply wipe them down with stainless steel wipes. Tools that need a deeper cleaner are better suited to the use of WD-40. You should also use WD-40 on any comfort grip handles, as these handles absorb the chemicals found in other products, which can cause them to wear out prematurely.
- Since ratcheting screwdriver sets come in sets with varying numbers of pieces, you’ll need to divide the total cost of the set by the number of pieces to get a price per piece. This will help you more accurately compare prices, so you know if you’re getting a good deal or not.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide