K&J Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 3.5-inch
Last updated date: October 24, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket for a detailed review of all the top kitchen sink strainer baskets.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the K&J Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 3.5-inch placed 8th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
kitchen sink drain assembly K&J INCLUDES: - Stainless steel strainer with rubber stopper (doubles as drain plug) - 3-1/2 inch stainless steel drain with threaded brass stem - Rubber Washer - Stainless steel retaining cup - Steel retaining locknut (solid steel, not die-cast) - Tailpiece washer (for watertight seal) - Brass tailpiece locknut (solid brass, not die-cast) K&J drain assembly explode RENOVATING? TIME FOR A NEW DRAIN? You're in the right place. It's not sexy or glamorous, it's just where your kitchen waste water goes. But it sure is a pain when your drain gets clogged or leaks. Instead of going with a plain-Jane-drain, why not upgrade to a K&J Kitchen Drain? There are some major differences: SPECIAL FEATURES: ✔ Solid Steel Construction (no cheap die-cast parts) ✔ Includes all parts needed for full drain installation ✔ Removable Stainless Strainer Included ✔ Strainer Doubles As Drain Plug (Just push it down for plug function) ✔ Sure-Grip Threading (Prevents leaks due to loosening) ✔ Includes Solid Steel Locknut drain assembly drain assembly drain assembly Solid Steel Construction You won't find any cheap die-cast parts in this kitchen drain assembly kit. Just tight-sealing, hard-working, solid steel. Strainer Doubles As Drain Plug Super-easy-to-use strainer/stopper that strains debris or stops water with one quick push or pull. Fits Standard Kitchen Drains No weird Chinese or European sizes here. This kitchen sink drain assembly is manufactured to perfectly fit your standard 3.5" U.S. kitchen sink. K&J Drain kitchen sink assembly compatibility FITS THE ABOVE BRANDS AND MANY, MANY MORE! The K&J Standard Kitchen Sink Drain Assembly will fit Kohler, Moen, Delta, Elkay, Blanco, Glacier Bay, Danco, Pfister, and every other standard U.S. standard kitchen sink (3.5"-4" opening)
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Sink Strainer Baskets
Kitchen sink strainer baskets are important for two reasons. First, they allow you to trap the water in your sink to soak pots and pans or wash dishes. Second, they keep dirt and food particles from entering your pipes and causing a clog. If you’re in the market for a new strainer basket, there are a few things you’ll want to look for.
Start off examining the material that the kitchen sink strainer basket is made out of. Most are constructed using stainless steel, which has a host of benefits. It’s extremely durable and hard to dent or ding. It’s also resistant to rust and corrosion.
Next, flip the strainer basket over and examine the underside. You want the basket to have a built-in sink protector. Usually, these are made of silicone. They are designed not to scratch the surface of your sink.
Count how many strainer baskets you need. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch comes in a 2-pack for kitchens with dual sinks. In the event that you have dual-sinks and a garbage disposal, you’d do better with the 4.5-inch 3-pack.
Look at the size of the basket’s holes, also called perforations. The tinier the holes, the less food will slip down into your drain. You can get a strainer with holes as tiny as 2 millimeters in diameter.
Determine whether you want your kitchen sink strainer basket to have a stopper or not. Look for a model that has a stopper in the center, which gives you the added benefit of filling the sink with soapy dishwater. You can clean your dishes or soak a baking dish that has a little stuck-on food attached to it.
Check for any extra features that set the strainer apart from other models. For example, some have wider rims, while others are colored to match the theme in your kitchen.
The Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket Buying Guide
- Consider creating an additional seal to keep water from seeping out the basket’s sides. This can be done easily and inexpensively using plumbers putty. You have the option of applying the putty to the basket’s under-rim or around the edge of the sink itself.
- Most kitchen sink strainer baskets are dishwasher-safe, but if you purchase one made of plastic, you’ll have to wash it by hand. All you need is a little liquid dish soap and warm water. If you have trouble dislodging food particles from the basket holes, use a toothbrush.
- It’s a good idea to disinfect your strainer basket every so often. You can do this with a bleach wipe or by pouring a little white distilled vinegar over the basket and wiping it down with a rag. Rinse the basket clean afterward and then place it back in your sink so it’s ready for use.
- If your sink has a drain that is smaller or larger than the average sink, you’ll want to make sure the strainer basket that you purchase will fit properly. Always measure the drain’s diameter in inches, as this is the measurement that you’ll find on the product packaging.
- Pricing varies among kitchen sink strainer baskets for several reasons. The Fengbao Kitchen Sink Strainer Basket, 4.5-inch, for example, costs more than the other baskets because the package actually contains two strainers. A basket that has a flexible plastic stopper with a patent-pending design is also able to command a higher value.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide