KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
Last updated date: August 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top KitchenIQ Knife Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best KitchenIQ Knife Sharpener you should buy.
Update as August 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best KitchenIQ Knife Sharpener for a detailed review of all the top kitcheniq knife sharpeners.
Restore your dull and damaged knives using this KitchenIQ knife sharpener. It features a patented edge grip that allows it to be placed on the edge of your table or countertop. The non-slip base and soft rubber-grip handle also allow for the sharpener to be used on any flat surface.
In our analysis, the KitchenIQ KitchenIQ Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener placed 1st when we looked at the top 3 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Don't let the small size of this cutie fool you. This pint size tool is a work horse in the kitchen. Use it to quickly and easily sharpen your favorite knife in the comfort of your own home.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On KitchenIQ Knife Sharpeners
Whether you’re a professional chef or a home cook who enjoys preparing fresh meals for the family, you’ll need to take proper care of your knives. When kitchen knives are maintained properly, they are able to make quick work of food prep, as well as produce clean cuts on a variety of cooked meats. One essential tool that you’ll want to invest in is a quality knife sharpener. KitchenIQ has a few attractive models that are sure to meet your everyday needs.
If you’re looking for a knife sharpener that is quick and easy to use, go with the KitchenIQ Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener. It’s more basic in design, as it doesn’t require any adjustments. You simply run the knife’s blade through the coarse slot to restore dull and damaged blades, or the fine slot to polish the blades. The advantage of going with this model is its patented edge grip feature. This allows the sharpener to be used on the edge of a table or countertop.
Go with the KitchenIQ Diamond Pro Pull-Thru Knife & Scissor Sharpener if you have household scissors you’d like to sharpen in addition to your knives. The patented scissor sharpener with floating ceramic rods sits just below the coarse and fine sharpening slots and is super easy to use. The device has a few added features, such as soft touch handles and a non-slip bottom for stability. It’s even designed to be used by both right- and left-handers.
If you’re interested in a knife sharpener that allows you to have more control, the KitchenIQ Angle Adjust Manual Knife Sharpener is your best bet. It comes with an angle adjust knob that can be turned to your desired angle. That means you’ll be able to sharpen your knives so that they are restored to their original factory-produced sharpening angles. In addition to the coarse and fine slots that you find on most KitchenIQ sharpeners, this model has a serrated slot for sharpening your favorite serrated knives.
The KitchenIQ Knife Sharpener Buying Guide
- Not all of the KitchenIQ knife sharpeners are designed to work on household scissors. Most of the models are capable of sharpening pocket knives, should you have an outdoorsman in your home.
- All of the KitchenIQ knife sharpeners are compact in size. You should have no trouble storing them in your kitchen utensils drawer.
- Typically, you’ll need to pull each knife through the designated sharpening slot at least 10 times. More pulls may be needed if the knife has become extremely dull or damaged.
- If you’re sharpening a long knife, you must be careful not to accidentally drag the tip of the knife across your countertop. This is where is where a model that rests on the edge of your countertop shines. It keeps the tip from ever touching the countertop.
- How often you need to sharpen your knives is dependent upon how often you use them. Moderate users may wish to follow a monthly sharpening schedule, while avid uses may prefer a bi-monthly schedule.
- KitchenIQ also sells electric knife sharpeners in addition to their manual versions. They do cost a bit more though. And you can purchase a line of high-quality knives from KitchenIQ, should you be in the market for a new set.
- All of KitchenIQ’s products are designed and manufactured in the United States.
- You won’t have any trouble finding a KitchenIQ knife sharpener to fit your budget, as the company has a range of models to choose from. The KitchenIQ Edge Grip 2-Stage Knife Sharpener is the most basic, and therefore, the most affordable. You’ll pay a moderate price for the KitchenIQ Diamond Pro Pull-Thru Knife & Scissor Sharpener, while the KitchenIQ Angle Adjust Manual Knife Sharpener has a higher cost due to its more complex design and higher-end construction materials.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide