KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer Set
Last updated date: September 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchenaid Mandoline Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchenaid Mandoline Slicer you should buy.
Food prep doesn't have to take up all your time, especially if you opt for this KitchenAid mandoline slicer. The unit has several blades to choose from, as well as the ability to adjust the thickness setting. You'll even receive a plastic container to safely store all the blades. In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the KitchenAid KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer Set placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kitchenaid Mandoline Slicer for a detailed review of all the top kitchenaid mandoline slicers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Retractable blade guard - keeps blade covered, Comfortable soft handle and plunger ensures non-slip grip
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchenaid Mandoline Slicers
There’s nothing healthier than making your own meals at home, but the time it takes to prepare that food often prevents busy families from cooking their own meals from scratch. Mandoline slicers are an excellent solution to this problem, as they are able to cut food prep time in half. Since KitchenAid has been making products for the kitchen for more than 100 years, it makes sense to shop their line of mandoline slicers.
If you already own one of KitchenAid’s many stand mixers, you’ll find it’s cheaper to purchase an attachment, like the KitchenAid Fresh Prep Slicer & Shredder Attachment, instead of an entire mandoline slicer. The attachment comes with a food pusher that is capable of handling both small and large fruits and vegetables. There are also three different blades, so you can achieve the exact cut you’re looking for.
Safety is also an important consideration when shopping for the best mandoline slicer. The KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer Set has multiple safety features that put it ahead of other models. It uses a retractable blade guard to keep the blade covered. Additionally, the julienne blades come with their own covers and all of the blades are neatly stored inside the provided sealed container.
Check the construction materials used to make the mandoline slicer. The KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer uses blades made from a durable stainless steel that is rust, stain and odor resistant. The set comes with several blades for slicing and julienning vegetables. Users can even adjust the slicer to one of the following five thickness settings: 1/16-inch, 1/8-inch, 3/16-inch, 1/4-inch and 5/16-inch.
Examine the mandoline’s slicer’s handle next. The KitchenAid Adjustable Hand-Held V-Blade Mandoline Slicer is soft and smooth yet has a firm grip. This gives you more control while also keeping your your hand and wrist from tiring.
DWYM Fun Fact
KitchenAid got its start back in 1919 when it launched its first stand mixer. The mixer came with a host of attachments designed to make food prep easier. After many improvements, KitchenAid came out with a new model in 1937 that utilized a bowl that was secured to the base of the unit. This model became so popular that when you think of KitchenAid, this stand mixer instantly comes to mind. Of course, KitchenAid makes a host of other handy kitchen appliances and accessories, like coffee makers, microwaves and mandoline slicers.
The Kitchenaid Mandoline Slicer Buying Guide
- Always check the product manual before attempting to wash your KitchenAid mandoline slicer for the first time. Some blades are listed as dishwasher safe with no caveats; however, others have blades that are dishwasher safe on the top rack only. There are a few models that are best washed by hand.
- KitchenAid mandoline slicers are easier to clean if you wash them right away. Otherwise, the food dries on the slicers, which means you’ll have to spend quite a bit of time scrubbing the blades to get the food off.
- Make sure you’re using your KitchenAid mandoline slicer on a flat surface. Otherwise, the unit will wobble, which puts you at risk for an accidental cut.
- Take the time to cut cucumbers, zucchini and eggplant into smaller chunks before placing them on the mandoline slicer for better control.
- KitchenAid mandoline slicers are designed to be used in a downward motion. That means you never want to try and pull the fruit toward yourself. You’d be working against the blade.
- Keep an eye on your slicer’s blades. You need them to remain sharp in order to work effectively. You can either have them sharpened or replaced when they start to become dull.
- Since KitchenAid mandoline slicers work best with razor-sharp blades, you’ll need to make sure that you always follow the safety instructions listed in the product manual. Typically, this involves keeping spare blades covered when not in use and using the provided hand guard when prepping your fruits and vegetables.
- You’ll find there’s a KitchenAid mandoline slicer to fit every budget. The KitchenAid Adjustable Hand-Held V-Blade Mandoline Slicer is very affordable, while the KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer Set and the KitchenAid Fresh Prep Slicer & Shredder Attachment have a more moderate price tag. You’ll pay the most for the KitchenAid Mandoline Slicer, as it has a unique design and built-in safety features.