Kip & Nod Removable Tie & Zip Weighted Blanket Cover, 48 x 72-Inch
Last updated: September 7, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blanket Covers 48x72 and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket Cover 48x72 you should buy.
These gray and white covers are made from 100% cotton, with reinforced sewing for added quality and durability. There is a 5-inch tie on each corner, lowering the chances that the blanket inside will get lumpy or bunched.
In our analysis, the Kip & Nod Removable Tie & Zip Weighted Blanket Cover, 48 x 72-Inch placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Kip & Nod weighted blanket duvet cover comes in colors, fabrics & patterns that offer timeless good looks and an easy pairing with styles both traditional and contemporary alike. Our stylish, yet simple covers effortlessly complement your existing style. Choose the Kip & Nod weighted blanket duvet size or color that fits your needs. We offer 48×72 twin and 60×80 queen size covers in different colors, patterns & fabrics.
Weighted Blanket Cover 48x72 Rankings
Weighted blankets have become popular due to their reported ability to help improve sleep and possibly alleviate anxiety. They usually weigh anywhere from 15 to 35 pounds, and they are filled with plastic pellets, tiny glass microbeads or other similar materials. Fans of these blankets claim that the pressure from the weight produces a snuggly, calming effect.
Since they are so heavy, though, weighted blankets are not easy to wash. That’s why some companies are selling duvets specifically made for weighted blankets. These covers are designed just for the purpose of covering weighted blankets, and they are different from traditional duvets.
Many weighted blanket duvets have features like extra ties and zippers that make it easier to insert and remove the blankets. Some are made of breathable cotton, some are velvety and plush, and still others have cooling materials that allow you to use them in all seasons. You can even find duvets that feature a different fabric on either side for a little variety.
If you have allergies, look for hypoallergenic duvet covers. After all, the many benefits of a weighted blanket won’t do you any good if you are up all night with a stuffy nose.
- Weighted blankets are not included with the duvet covers, though many companies sell matching pieces separately.
- Most weighted blanket covers are fairly affordable, and they are a worthwhile investment that will protect your weighted blanket for years to come. They go a long way toward cutting down on laundry costs and time spent meticulously washing your weighted blanket.
- A 48-inch-by-72-inch weighted blanket duvet is perfect for twin-sized beds.
- If you already have a weighted blanket, check to see if it has any attachment loops for a cover, and look for a cover with the same style of connector.
- Weighted blankets are not for everyone. Children and the elderly may have difficulty extricating themselves from weighted blankets, and others may not like the way they feel. Before buying, research what the return policy is on these products.
- Check if the duvet cover has ties and zippers.
- Read the washing instructions before you buy. You don’t want a blanket cover that is difficult to care for, as this defeats the purpose of purchasing one.