Kinsy Serrated Blade Easy Clean Avocado Slicer
Last updated date: March 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as March 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Avocado Slicer for a detailed review of all the top .
This avocado slicer set helps keep you and your family members safe while they're preparing avocados. It's dishwasher safe or can be left to dry on a dish rack if you prefer to hand wash it. The tool is made from eco-friendly and food-grade plastic for those who prioritize those features.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Kinsy Serrated Blade Easy Clean Avocado Slicer placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
All-in-one avocado tool splits, removes pits, peels, slices, smashes and keeps fresh your avocados safely and quickly. No doubt this avocado tool set is the perfect gift for the avocado lovers. The avocado cutter is made of eco-friendly food grade PP/PS plastic and stainless steel. You can put leftover avocado in the complimentary saver and store them in the fridge to keep fresh, eliminate spoilage and waste. Plastic serrated blade cuts avocado easily but not like stainless knife to hurt your finger, stainless pitter quickly removes seed with a simple twist. Children and the elderly can safely use the avocado slicer. Dishwasher safe, after each wash, simply leave it on the dish rack to dry. Clean-up is a breeze. Feel free to make any avocado food you want, like salad, guacamole and other foods conveniently. We use durable, quality materials to produce premium products. If have any issues with it, do not hesitate to contact us, we will try to help, replace.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Avocados are a healthy, delicious way to get potassium and heart-healthy fats into your diet. Whether you enjoy slices on their own or you mash them up to make guacamole, few things are as refreshing as a good avocado.
But if you’ve ever worked with avocados, you know the prepping process isn’t exactly easy. If you need them peeled, you have to go through that, but then you also have to remove the pit before slicing them. Although avocados are certainly not the only fruit that has peels and pits, you may eat them so often you notice the labor involved.
The good news is, there’s a tool that can help. An avocado slicer is made to handle the unique design of an avocado, giving you what you need to remove the peel and the pit, as well as slice the fruit once all that is removed.
Can you slice up an avocado using a standard kitchen knife? Definitely. But doing so involves first removing the peel, which varies in difficulty depending on the ripeness of the avocado itself. Riper avocados peel more easily than those that have some age on them. You’ll then simply need to remove the pit, which also is not always easy to do depending on the age of the fruit.
An avocado slicer typically avoids the exposed sharp edges you get with a standard knife, keeping you safer. Having three tools in one means you’ll have everything you need in one place. Many of them also are dishwasher safe, allowing you to store them on the top shelf of your dishwasher for easy cleanup after each use. Lastly, there’s the design of the handle, which can keep your hand comfortable while you do the intense work of cutting multiple avocados in one session for that party or big bowl of guacamole.
The Buying Guide
- Avocados have a sensitive flesh, making it all too easy to damage the fruit as you’re cutting. For that reason, you’ll need an extra-sharp blade to make clean cuts. An avocado slicer is designed specifically for that purpose.
- If your slicer doesn’t remove pits, you can run a thin metal spoon in the slim space between the pit and the fruit to slide it out.
- When purchasing an avocado slicer, the handle is important. Look for one with ergonomics that will also reduce slips. If you can’t get a firm grip on the handle, you could find yourself at risk of injury.
- Even if a slicer says it’s safe, slicing avocados is a chore best left to the grown-ups in the household. Children could still injure themselves on these tools.
- When slicing avocados, the thinner the blade, the better. You’ll find you reduce the risk that you mash the avocado while slicing, producing a crisper, cleaner result.
- Cleanup can be tricky. Many avocado slicers can be cleaned in the dishwasher to make it easier. To play it safe, make sure you put the slicer on the top shelf of the dishwasher, which exposes it to less heat.
- Some avocado slicers can tackle other fruits, as well, including kiwis and bananas. If you opt for one that can serve this type of multipurpose use, make sure the slicer won’t transfer juices from one fruit to another.
- For safety purposes, you may want to prioritize a slicer that is made from food-grade plastic, as well as being BPA free.
- Stainless steel is always preferred when dealing with food and liquids. It resists rust and corrosion to ensure longevity.
- Browning is an ongoing issue with avocados, as with many other fruits. For best results, buy avocados while they’re firm. If you want to eat part of the avocado and save the rest for later, leave the pit in place. You’ll still get some browning, but this will at least preserve some of the surface area.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide