kinsho Anit-Spill Airtight Bento Box, Set of 2
Last updated: December 10, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bento Boxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Box you should buy.
In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the kinsho Anit-Spill Airtight Bento Box, Set of 2 placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CUTE MULTI-COMPARTMENT bentoboxes are also the BEST EVER snack containers for a balance of healthy food and treats. Seal is VERY TIGHT and requires aligning the lid. Recommended for older kids + adults. Toddlers or young children would need assistance. MODERN, DURABLE + ECO-FRIENDLY plastic has sturdy double-wall construction. Silicone overlay on lid delivers easy-grip design. SIZE is 9″ x 6.75″x 1.75″ 😄Please MEASURE your lunch bag! Boxes are a bit LONGER than some lunch bags. HAND-WASH LID to maintain seal shape & integrity. WHAT YOU GET: *Two Authentic Kinsho bentos. *Custom fit spoons & forks. *Kinsho Tips + Eats eBook with 60+ Bento tips + recipes from Kinsho’s founder (a mom & award-winning mindful cooking author). *Industry leading 100% guarantee. *Customer support within 24 hours of inquiry from our Boston-based team.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Bento Box Rankings
Bringing your own lunch to work or school is a healthy and affordable choice, but it comes with a few challenges. Bulky, leaky lunchboxes can take up much-needed space in your bag, and disposable plastic or paper options create unneeded waste. Bento boxes are a compact, easy way to turn your favorite at-home meals into on-the-go options.
These streamlined lunch boxes let you take a main course and a few sides with you without juggling multiple plastic containers. Some bento boxes come with reusable cutlery that fits neatly inside; it’s a bonus for eco-conscious buyers. The sectioned-off portions of bento boxes also make them a great way to practice portion control for healthier eating.
Some bento boxes are designed especially for kids, with fun colors and locks that are easier to open. These boxes usually have a greater number of smaller compartments for child-sized servings of fruits, vegetables and healthy wrap sandwiches.
Whether you’re buying a bento box for yourself, a friend or your kids, there are a few things you’ll need to consider before handing over your cash. Check out our Tips & Advice for practical hints.
- Think about what types of meals you enjoy before you choose your bento box. If you prefer a sandwich, wrap or salad with a couple of small sides, go for a box with three or more compartments. If you prefer one or two larger portions of foods like stir frys or pasta, look at boxes with one or two larger, stackable compartments.
- Make sure your bento box is microwave-, freezer- and dishwasher-safe before you heat it up, store or wash it.
- Included cutlery is a common bento box bonus. Many boxes come with a fork, spoon and knife. Others add in a set of chopsticks. Think about the style of cuisine you enjoy most often to determine what type of reusable cutlery you’ll need.
- See if the box comes equipped with a handle or carrying case. If it does, you can tote it around on its own. If it doesn’t, make sure you have your own bag to bring that is large enough for the bento box.
- Take a close look at the measurements of the bento box. This can help you determine if it will hold the amount of food you need, and whether or not it will fit in your bag, backpack or briefcase.
- If you’re buying a bento box for a child, make sure it’s constructed from sturdy materials that can withstand drops and dings. Boxes with fun colors or prints can make bringing a lunch more fun for your child.