KidKraft Retro Kitchen Play Set For Kids
Last updated date: November 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Play Sets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Play Set For Kids you should buy.
Update as November 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Play Set For Kids for a detailed review of all the top kitchen play sets for kids.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the KidKraft Retro Kitchen Play Set For Kids placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Oven, cabinet, freezer, refrigerator and microwave doors open and close. Working knobs on oven and sink. Cordless phone with hands-free clip. Convenient storage above and below the sink. Large enough that multiple children can play at once. See-through doors on oven and microwave. Removable sink for easy cleanup. Smart, sturdy wood construction. Packaged with detailed, step-by-step assembly instructions. Skill level: Beginner.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Play Sets For Kids
Kids love to imitate the everyday activities they see adults doing — and that includes cooking and cleaning. While you can’t let your toddler make dinner, there are kitchen play sets that will allow the next best thing: play cooking.
A kitchen play set doesn’t just entertain children. It can also serve as an educational tool. Kids learn skills like teamwork, organization and how to complete chores. Some play sets even take it a step further by helping kids develop skills like counting.
If you haven’t shopped for a kitchen play set in a while, you might not realize how far they’ve come since you were a child. You can find play sets with burners that light up, for instance, or sinks that make sounds when you turn the knob. This adds another layer of fun to playtime.
But it’s also important to keep an eye on safety when you’re shopping for kids’ toys. Since some kitchen play sets have small pieces, you’ll want to note the recommended age ranges. Often, these sets will be recommended for ages 3 and up. Sturdier play sets made of wood will provide a level of quality you won’t find with plastic, but make sure the kitchen doesn’t have sharp edges that could pose a hazard to rambunctious children.
The Kitchen Play Set For Kids Buying Guide
- As great as it is to have play sets that light up and make sounds, there is a big benefit to those that don’t: You won’t need to keep supplying them with batteries.
- Wooden play sets can often provide a higher quality and durability level than plastic sets.
- Assembly can be very involved with play sets. Check to ensure your set will come with instructions and assembly hardware. You may also want to have the right tools on hand. Some play sets can take an hour or more to put together.
- Extra features, like play recipe books or ice-makers that produce fake ice, can really make a difference.
- Some kitchen play sets don’t come with fake food. Make sure you can find plastic food that fits your little one’s dishes and pans if you choose a play set that doesn’t come with it.
- If your play set includes appliances like an oven, refrigerator or cabinets, make sure the doors open and close. For younger children, you may want a play set that doesn’t have those features for safety reasons.
- Measure the space where you’ll be storing the play set before you purchase. The dimensions of the play set should be listed in the product description.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide