Kenra Flake-Free Quick Dry Hairspray For Women
Last updated: October 14, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hairspray For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hairspray For Women you should buy.
This hairspray for women has a strong hold without weighing hair down, keeping it full of volume and shine. It's fast drying and doesn't leave flakes behind for all-day hold without the inconveniences. This brand has been used by stylists on clients for almost a century.In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Kenra Flake-Free Quick Dry Hairspray For Women placed 3rd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Kenra Volume Spray provides the maximum amount of volume and hold possible. It leaves hair looking natural and shiny while imparting the strength and volume necessary to make any style last all day.
What experts liked
Hairspray For Women Rankings
At one time, hairspray was considered a one-size-fits-all proposition. Consumers chose from a small selection of products on shelves, often using the same hairsprays their friends used.
Today’s selection is much more varied, which has led customers to be far more sophisticated in their hair products. But there are so many hairsprays on shelves, that it can be tough to know which one to choose. You can easily feel overwhelmed by all the options. You might ask your hairstylist for a recommendation, but often the products sold in salons are far more expensive than what you’d buy in a drugstore or online.
The first step toward finding the right hairspray is knowing your own hair type well. The same product that works for your friends and family members won’t necessarily be the best option for you. If you have fine, straight hair, you’ll need a different type of product than your friend with extra thick, curly hair.
If your goal is to add volume to your hair, you’ll need a volumizing agent in your hair products. Some hairsprays have volumizing polymers to help you reach that goal, but you can also add volume by spraying your hair in layers, working your way to the uppermost section.
If dry, frizzy hair is an issue, look for hairspray that has oil infused into it. You’ll want a concentration that adds shine without making your hair appear greasy. Often the best hairspray offers hold while still letting you brush and run your fingers through your hair. But if you want a hairspray that holds curls in place for long periods of time, despite the weather, you’ll need a more powerful hairspray.
For those who have color-treated hair, look for a product that’s specially formulated to be safe. Otherwise, you may find that your color starts to fade. You’ll also need to look for color-safe shampoo, conditioner and other hair products.
- Your hairstylist is the best expert on the type of hair products you should use, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy from the salon. You may want to purchase your hair products initially, then match the ingredients to less expensive versions online. Sometimes you can find the same products online, saving yourself from paying the salon markup.
- With aerosol sprays, clogging can often become a problem, especially if it takes you a while to go through one can. Some have found that storing the spray upside down helps. But if you’re dealing with a clogged nozzle, the first thing to do is scrape the dried hairspray from the nozzle’s opening. If this doesn’t remedy the issue, soak the nozzle in a bowl of hot water for at least five minutes. If it’s still clogged, look for blockages in the tube that leads to the nozzle and remove those using a long, thin object like a bobby pin.
- No matter how strong your hairspray’s hold, humidity can destroy a good hairstyle. Look for a hairspray that creates a barrier between the outside moisture and your hair, while also protecting the moisture in your own hair.
- Scent is an important but often forgotten factor in choosing a hairspray. Although you’ll find plenty that have the chemical-infused odors of the past, today’s best brands provide a light, floral or fruity scent.
- For best results, make sure the nozzle is between 8 and 10 inches from the hair when you spray. This will keep you from dousing a small area of your head with a heavy concentration of product.
- Hairspray is great for not only holding curls, but for getting them in the first place. You can use a light spray of product before curling your hair with a hot iron to make stubbornly straight hair more malleable.