KENLOR Professional Iconic Hair Dryer
Last updated date: October 6, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Dryers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Dryer you should buy.
If you spend a lot of time traveling, this hair dryer is the way to go. It's lightweight and portable, weighing just over 1 pound. The hair dryer is loaded with special features as well, including a 360-degree rotating nozzle, three heat settings, two speed settings and high-level negative ions for reduced frizz and static electricity. In our analysis of 58 expert reviews, the KENLOR KENLOR Professional Iconic Hair Dryer placed 3rd when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hair Dryer for a detailed review of all the top hair dryers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
NEGATIVE IONS HAIR DRYER: 1600W Powerful AC Motor & Quicker drying, professional hair dryer delivers strong wind for fast drying even thick wavy hair in less time, Lightweight & Portable, easy to carry anywhere. FAST HAIR DRYER: You can freely choose three modes of cold/hot/strong wind according to the situation. With the cooling switch, you can switch between hot and cold with one click. There are also standard nozzles and concentrated nozzles, which can be used for various hairstyles, such as long hair and straight hair. IONIC HAIR DRYER: Adopts ion and bio-ceramic technology, our hair blower will release 5 million moisturizing negative ions combined with far-infrared heat to reduce static and make hair soft and smooth. With constant temperature protection function, intelligent temperature control to prevent overheating damage, good for hair care. PORTABLE HAIR DRYER: Small, lightweight, easy to carry and store, perfect for home, travel use, professional salons. An Amazing Gift, it's the best gift for family. Use it as a birthday present, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas and many other special occasion. PROFESSIONAL HAIR DRYER: If you are not satisfied with our hair dryer, please contact us, we will solve the problem for you 24 hours a day! Just click "Add to Cart" to use a hair dryer to design your hair style, allowing you to be a fashionista anytime, anywhere.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Dryers
Many of us would be lost without our hair dryers. Whether you just want to dry your hair quickly before you dash out the door in the morning, or you rely on it as an integral tool to achieve your mane’s style, a hairdryer is a must-have daily appliance for people of all hair types and style preferences.
A hairdryer works by speeding up the process of water evaporating from the hair’s surface, which is accomplished through the combination of a hair dryer’s motor-driven fan and a heating element.
Although modern hair dryers all work using the same basic mechanism, these days, some dryers tout special features that do everything from cutting drying time to protecting the hair from heat damage to produce salon-quality results. The three-heat, two-speed settings on the Conair Infinitipro 1875-Watt Ion Choice Hair Dryer offer further control to achieve specific styles with different hair types. Ionic dryers like this model also speed up dry time and create a super-sleek look.
Look for a hairdryer with wattage between 1800 to 2000 to strike a balance between quick and efficient drying and avoiding “frying” your precious tresses.
Additional attachments, like the diffuser, help the user tackle common hair problems, like frizziness. A diffuser disperses the dryer’s airflow and spreads it over a larger area, helping to keep curls in check.
When comparing prices, consider the use your hairdryer will get. If you dry your hair on a daily basis or have special hair needs, an investment in a higher-priced model may make sense. On the other hand, a cheaper and more basic model may do the trick for those who just want to efficiently dry their hair in a pinch on an occasional basis.
DWYM Fun Fact
Besides helping you pull off a salon-worthy hairstyle at home, there are a number of unexpected uses for a hairdryer. Did you know that you can break in new shoes, remove stickers and thaw ice cream all with the aid of your hairdryer?
The first hair dryer debuted all the way back in 1880. Early versions included the Thermicon, a brush filled with boiling water and combed through hair. By the 1920s, a handheld version was available, albeit a lot heavier and clunkier than today’s lightweight models. In the 1950s and 60s, lighter models that more closely resembled today’s dryers became commonplace and allowed more people to style their hair at home.
The Hair Dryer Buying Guide
- Using the appropriate product for your hair type can optimize your dryer’s performance. Volumizing spray, leave-in conditioner and shine serum can all help you achieve the perfect style, depending on your hair’s length and texture.
- Speaking of products, using them correctly is also important. In general, a lighter hand is best. Don’t overdo it.
- How long to dry your hair depends on your hair type as well. If you have fine to medium hair, it’s fine to wait until your locks are about 80 percent dry before you start using your dryer. For thicker hair, you should only let it dry to about 50 percent dryness in order to have the most control over your style.
- If you wrap your hair up in a towel upon exiting the shower, don’t leave it on too long. That’s because the friction from the towel can actually damage your tresses. Aim to keep it wrapped up no longer than 10 minutes.
- Start drying your hair from the front, then move back toward the nape of your neck. This is especially important for those with bangs. Your fringe can be the toughest part of your hair to style, so tackle it first to minimize frizz.
- If volume’s what you’re after, be sure to lift your hair from the roots as you dry.
- Although many people keep their hairdryer in the bathroom, it can actually be helpful to move to another room. The humidity after you step out of a hot shower can make your job that much tougher, and increase the time it takes to dry your hair.
- Don’t be afraid of the cool button. Giving your hair a shot of cool air can seal the cuticle, increase its shine and lock in your style for a look that lasts.