KEEN Women’s Presidio Shoe
Last updated date: March 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Senior Shoes For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Senior Shoe For Women you should buy.
Update as March 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Senior Shoes For Women for a detailed review of all the top senior shoes for women.
If you're looking for a pair of senior shoes for women that are supportive, this model is your best bet. Both the footbed and collar are cushioned and the laces allow for a custom fit. You'll find this full-grain and nubuck leather sneaker in either black or cascade brown.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the KEEN Women's Presidio Shoe placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A contemporary women's update of the classic oxford, the Keen Women's Presidio Casual Shoe provides the sporty good looks of a lace-up with comfort and support your feet will appreciate. Ideal for running errands or enjoying weekend adventures, the Presidio features a durable and water-resistant nubuck leather upper in a variety of tones to complement a casual wardrobe. It also boasts a Keen Metatomical footbed for instant comfort as well as patented toe protection and breathable linings.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Senior Shoes For Women
Whether you’re moving around the house or spending the day touring with friends, a good pair of shoes is essential. As you get older, features like support and comfort become increasingly more important. But you don’t have to sacrifice fashion to surround your feet in luxury and stability. In fact, there’s plenty of attractive footwear that’s also functional.
The key to a good pair of shoes is arch support. When the center part of your shoes works with your arch instead of flattening it, other parts of your body benefit. You’ll notice you get some relief from strain on your back and joints, especially your knees and hips. This may allow you to spend more time on your feet than you would have otherwise.
Another consideration is what you’ll be doing while wearing your shoes. If you’re simply looking for a pair of supportive shoes you can wear around the house, a pair of mules or casual loafers may work best. But if you’re pairing them with some dress pants, you may want something a little more decorative. You can also find sneakers built specifically for walking for exercise. Even if you don’t go for after-dinner walks or hit the track at the gym every day, this type of shoe can be great for outings to amusement parks or shopping malls.
In addition to arch support, you should also take a look at the padding included in the footbed. Materials like memory foam are now being used to provide extra comfort without reducing support. The upper of the shoe, which refers to the top part of the shoe covering your foot, also factors into whether the shoe is comfortable or not. Leather is always a safe bet, but suede can also be a good option. If your shoe has a tongue, pay attention to how comfortable it is, as well.
The Senior Shoe For Women Buying Guide
- There are plenty of alternatives to shoelaces, if you aren’t particularly a fan of tying and untying every day. You can opt for Velcro if you’re choosing a sneaker, but often a slip-on style can be even better.
- Mules feature an especially popular slide-on design. They’re not only easy to get on and off, but the right pair can be extremely comfortable. If you’re primarily looking for something to wear around the house, this can be a much more supportive alternative to house shoes.
- In addition to comfort, the build of your shoe should also be designed for breathability. Otherwise, you’ll find your feet sweating during wear, which can eventually promote bacterial growth.
- One of the best things about leather is that it’s easy to clean. You can usually wipe it down.
- Look at color options for the shoe you’re considering. Some shoes limit their styles to one or two colors. Whatever color you choose, make sure it’s neutral enough to wear with a wide range of items in your wardrobe.
- Make sure you take a look at the bottom of a shoe before buying. Some are built to reduce slipping, even when you’re walking over wet terrain. The right shoe can help prevent dangerous falls.
- Although a supportive, cushioned sole is great for your feet, there’s a benefit to having a lightweight shoe. When you lift your foot, you don’t want it to add extra stress. For that reason, some brands specialize in keeping their build light while also building in plenty of support.
- Feet sizes vary not in length but width. Measure your foot by tracing an outline of it on a piece of paper, then marking the various lengths and widths. You can then use a size guide to determine the size and width you need. Make sure you choose a shoe that builds in wide and extra-wide widths if you need that type of fit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide