Kate Kasin Women’s Hight-Waist Knee-Length Houndstooth Pencil Skirt
Last updated date: January 6, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Houndstooth Skirts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Houndstooth Skirt you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2022:
Checkout The Best Houndstooth Skirt for a detailed review of all the top houndstooth skirts.
This knee-length stretchy pencil skirt hugs your curves. It has a back split at the hemline, a high elastic waist and a concealed zipper. It is made with a touch of Spandex for an added stretch that is both flattering and comfortable.
In our analysis, the Kate Kasin Kate Kasin Women's Hight-Waist Knee-Length Houndstooth Pencil Skirt placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Kate Kasin pencil skirt is designed to sit slim against the body, falling to a sophisticated knee-length. It fastens at the back with an tone zip. Wear it with a simple cotton T-shirt and add block-heel shoes for an effortless look. This classic pencil skirt is a timeless choice for events where you want to make a good impression, like an interview or business meeting.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Houndstooth Skirts
Traditional houndstooth textile patterns feature small, broken checks in rows of different colors or abstract, four-pointed shapes. The iconic pattern is often seen in black and white or other neutral colors (like brown and gray) — but these days, the sky’s the limit. You can find any color of the rainbow and more in houndstooth patterns, and the checks may come in a variety of shapes.
Houndstooth is also referred to as plaid, but it is not really the same thing. Instead, Houndstooth is categorized as a check pattern. The two most similar textile patterns to houndstooth are Glen plaid and shepherd’s check.
Plaid and check patterns have always looked good on skirts of all lengths, but they are quite trendy for shorter skirts. People wear them to work and for play, and you can easily dress them both up and down. You can pair a houndstooth skirt with a silk top or a tank top and still look great. Some styles are much more body-conscious than others, but they can be made with flexible fabrics that feel quite comfortable.
Pencil skirts feature straight, narrow cuts and hems that fall below the knee. Look for ones that are made with cotton and Spandex so you can stay comfortable all day long. Circle skirts have hemlines near the knee and offer a more retro look. Miniskirts obviously have less fabric and usually fall high above the knee; they are the opposite of maxi skirts, which sweep the ground. A-line skirts are usually fitted at the hip and widen gradually down towards their hems.
Back and front zippers are generally easier to use than side zippers, but the latter can provide a smoother-looking fit. Or, you might look for a skirt with an elasticized waist to provide extra comfort and flexibility.
The Houndstooth Skirt Buying Guide
- Although houndstooth and other similar patterns used to have stuffy reputations, anything goes these days and you can wear them however you like.
- Always check the manufacturer’s size chart before buying skirts (or any other kinds of clothing) online. Your best bet is to measure your hips and waist and match your measurements up with theirs. You should also check reviews to find out how others with your height and general shape fill the clothing item in question.
- Some skirts stretch and others do not. If you want your skirt to be more comfortable, look for styles that feature Spandex, polyester and cotton.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide