Kar’s Gluten-Free Original Sweet ‘N Salty Trail Mix, 72 Count
Last updated date: March 16, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Trail Mixes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Trail Mix you should buy.
Update as March 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Trail Mix for a detailed review of all the top trail mixes.
This trail mix comes in 72 small packages. It contains a mix of nuts, raisins, candies and sunflower seeds. The trail mix is gluten free and certified kosher.
In our analysis, the Kar’s Kar’s Gluten-Free Original Sweet ‘N Salty Trail Mix, 72 Count placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SWEET ‘N SALTY SNACK MIX – Satisfy every craving with Kar’s Nuts Sweet ‘N Salty Trail Mix. This box of bulk snacks includes (72) individual 2 oz packs. TOTALLY SATISFYING – Bring your energy into balance! Kar’s Nuts Original Sweet ‘N Salty Mix features a blend of gently roasted and lightly salted peanuts, naturally sweet raisins, cocoa candies and sunflower kernels. These snack packs satisfy every mood. GLUTEN-FREE SNACKS – Kar’s Nuts trail mix is gluten-free and free of hydrogenated oils and trans fats. It is also certified Kosher! You can feel good about enjoying it and sharing with your friends and family. SINGLE-SERVE SNACKS – Ready to enjoy individual packs make it easy to take these fast snacks on the go. It’s a portion-controlled snack that will leave you satisfyingly full. They’re great for kids’ lunches, concessions, office breakrooms & more. KAR’S NUTS – Since our humble beginnings in 1933, Kar’s Nuts has become a nationwide sensation—and it all started with good ol’ roasted peanuts. You could say we pioneered the Sweet ‘N Salty Mix movement, and if you did, you’d be right.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Trail Mixes
If you’re looking for a little snack that has a bit of everything in it – nuts, granola, coconut, chocolate, dried fruit, potato chips, cereal and more – look no further than trail mix. Trail mix is a hodgepodge of food that is best eaten while on the go. Often quite high in calories, this snack offers a lot of energy in just a few small bites.
There are so many types of trail mix available, it can be difficult to know which one to go with. First consider what flavor profile you like best. For example, do you like mostly sweet or mostly salty snacks? How do you feel about the chewy texture of dried fruit? Do you like crunchy textures like granola and roasted seeds? This will help you narrow down the type of trail mix you prefer.
If you’re going for the healthy factor, then avoid trail mix that contain nuts coated in salt or sugar. Plain roasted nuts offer the crunch many people crave without the added calories. Trail mixes that contain lots of dried fruit are good choices because they have a lot of fiber. Plus, they help to curb that sweet craving without artificial sugar.
For those that are watching their sodium intake, it’s best to take a look at the nutritional information when selecting your trail mix. Because many trail mixes contain nuts coated in salt, they can be high in sodium and take you to your maximum allotment in just a few handfuls. Choose a brand that is low in sodium or add in unsalted items to the mix to dilute the salt.
The Trail Mix Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the branding of the trail mix, as that often has hints of whether the mix contains healthy or unhealthy ingredients. For example, if the trail mix brand focuses on unicorns and rainbows, it’s likely it contains a lot of candy and chocolate. For those looking for a healthier option, look for trail mixes that aren’t full of sweets.
- Because it is so delicious, it’s easy to eat trail mix without considering the serving size. For most brands of trail mix, the serving size is a quarter cup, which is about a small handful. When eating the trail mix, be sure to scoop out how much you want to eat instead of eating straight from the bag.
- If you like to be able to eat trail mix on the go, consider getting it packaged in individual serving sizes. This way, it’s easy to grab a pouch on your way out the door or pack one in your lunch. Individual serving sizes also help you to stick to the recommended serving size.
- Because most trail mixes contain nuts, it’s important to be very careful of where you eat it due to allergies. Many people who have nut allergies are anaphylactic, so even being near nuts can be dangerous to them. Don’t take trail mix anywhere where nuts are banned, such as in some schools. Also avoid eating it in closed-off spaces where you may be near people who are allergic to nuts, such as in an elevator or small room.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide