Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine
Last updated date: June 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Karaoke Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Karaoke Machine you should buy.
If you're looking for a full-featured karaoke machine, the Karaoke USA machine is it. The built-in screen means you don't have to rely on an external device to see song lyrics. You can also record your sessions and listen to them later, making it ideal for those who want to perfect their vocals. In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Karaoke USA Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine placed 6th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Karaoke Machine for a detailed review of all the top karaoke machines.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Now with more power! And connect your smart device with Bluetooth! Enjoy your music on a more powerful speaker with no wires! This karaoke player has a sleek design matched by no other player you'll ever find. It's features will keep any karaoke enthusiast busy. A color screen that's gorgeous and easy to read far away. Comes with 300 MP3G songs on disc, but will play any normal karaoke CDG, DVD Karaoke or watch a DVD movie. Keeping in tune with the digital age, it will accept auxiliary input from most any personal player and gaming console. Even has a handy cradle to rest your MP3 player in for charging or watching your screen in an upright position. Sing and record music and your voice onto an SD Card in MP3 format from your favorite karaoke disc or download, then play it back or take it with you. Audio/video outputs for connection to big screen TV, or better, your home entertainment center for great sound. All-in-One Media Player 35W Peak Digital Power Amplifier (25W RMS ) 7" TFT Digital Color Screen Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Remote Control ("AAA" x 2 Batteries not included) 300 MP3G Songs on 2 Discs Universal cradle can accommodate most any personal device of any brand like: smart phones, tablets, pads, MP3 players and more Record Voice and Music Mix Record and Instant Playback USB Flash/ SD Card Compatible Remote Control 2 Microphones Included PA System Capable 2 Microphone Inputs & Holders Analog Echo Control Balance Control Digital Key Control Individual Microphone Volume Control Audio and Video Inputs/Outputs RCA Audio/Video to RCA Audio/Video Cable 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cable Built-in USB Charger for Smart Devices AC Adaptor: 110V/50Hz~AC 240V/60Hz (UL Approved) DC 12V Car Adaptor (optional)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Karaoke Machines
Few things can spice up a party like a couple of hours of karaoke. Even if you can’t carry a tune, firing up some lyrics and music and singing into a microphone can be a great way to get everyone laughing and cheering. At one time, karaoke meant heading out to a local bar or renting a pricey machine from a local party supply company. While you can still do either of those things, you can now buy in-home karaoke machines for the same price you’d pay to rent a karaoke setup for one night.
Before you buy, though, there are a few things to consider. If you’re just looking for a machine you’ll use occasionally to have fun with friends, you may come into it with different needs than someone who enjoys singing and wants features like being able to record and plug in an instrument. Many parents also invest in karaoke machines for their children, and there are machines that are more ideal for that purpose.
You may not think about it initially, but song selection is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that come with the machine and want to grab a few new ones. Some machines make it easy to link up to the many free karaoke videos available on sites like YouTube. Other machines provide access to an app where you can get more songs, although this feature isn’t always free. Pay close attention to this functionality before you buy.
Your karaoke machine will rely heavily on a microphone, which plugs into the device itself. Some machines let you use only one microphone at a time, which can make duets a little tricky. You can hand the microphone back and forth while you sing, but there are machines that offer two microphones. Even if you think you’ll never have a duet, it might come in handy to have that second microphone for a party you may throw a couple of years from now.
DWYM Fun Fact
Karaoke has an interesting history, starting with the fact that the word means “empty orchestra” in Japanese. It all began in 1971 in the Japanese town of Kobe, where a drummer named Daisuke Inoue came up with a way to let his clients sing along to his music. Unfortunately, Inoue never patented his invention, although vocal-free singalongs had been around for a while when he came up with his own spin on it. In 1975, a Filipino entrepreneur named Roberto del Rosario filed the first patent for the concept. Over time, karaoke went global. To this day, it remains a staple of nighttime entertainment and, now, at-home parties everywhere.
The Karaoke Machine Buying Guide
- One important thing to pay close attention to as you’re shopping is whether or not your machine includes a screen. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to link up to an app or use a site like YouTube to get your songs. The Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine is a full-featured system that includes a 7-inch thin-film-transistor screen. The Singing Machine Bluetooth Karaoke Machine has RCA cables that you can use to connect to your own TV screen.
- Sound is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. With the Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine, you can adjust the bass and treble to your own preferences.
- If you’re looking for a machine that will help you hone your own singing ability, look for a karaoke machine that lets you plug additional instruments, such as guitars, into it.
- The Karaoke USA and Singing Machine karaoke machines let you record your singing sessions for later playback.
- If you’re buying a device for the children in your life, the Singing Machine karaoke machine fits the bill. It’s super easy to set up.
- Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that came with the unit. For that reason, it’s important to consider song availability. Some models come with mobile apps that promise access to a library of songs, along with a monthly subscription-based membership to expand to more.
- With any of these machines, you can easily find music on sites like YouTube for free, so you’ll need to simply look for a machine that lets you pull songs from online. The Karaoke USA and Singing Machine promise easy connection to your mobile device, with both connecting via Bluetooth.