Kangaroo Commercial Grade Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat
Last updated date: March 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat you should buy.
Update as March 22, 2022:
Checkout Protect Your Feet By Getting The Best Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat for a detailed review of all the top anti-fatigue kitchen mats.
Thanks to the thick 3/4-inch pad on this anti-fatigue kitchen mat, your feet will comfort and reduced stress, even when standing for long periods of time. The mat is durable and stain resistant, as well as easy to clean when needed. The edges are also beveled to prevent accidental trip and falls.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Kangaroo Commercial Grade Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THE BEST COMFORT MAT YOU WILL EVER OWN Extra thick 3/4″ ergonomically engineered premium KANGAROO MAT features highest-grade foam to eliminate pressure and provide superior support over long periods of time. SUPERIOR CUSHIONING Buy today and join the millions of satisfied former foot, knee, joint, leg, and back pain sufferers that are enjoying better posture, muscle conditioning and improved overall health and well being. We use only the most durable and high quality materials that will not break down or compress over time, and work well in high traffic areas.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mats
Working in the kitchen can take time, especially if you’re making a big meal. Not only do you have to prep your ingredients and cook them, but someone will also have to deal with cleanup once everyone’s eaten. An anti-fatigue mat can keep you comfortable, whether you’re standing there for hours or minutes.
“Whether you already spend hours on your feet in the kitchen or you’re just tired after a long day, anti-fatigue kitchen mats make meal prep and cooking a ‘walk-in-the-clouds’ kind of experience,” says home expert Vicki Liston. “These shock-absorbing mats reduce foot fatigue and can help with standing knee and back pain as well. ”
Anti-fatigue mats don’t just have to be used in the kitchen, even if they’re labeled as such. You could move it to a garage or home office. Those who stand on their feet for hours often use them in their own workplaces. You may see an anti-fatigue kitchen mat in a salon or behind the counter at a retail shop. With the popularity of standing desks, anti-fatigue mats are also becoming popular in workplaces as standing pads.
When using a kitchen mat for ergonomic purposes, though, the first factor you’ll want to look at is the foam core inside. This varies from one manufacturer to another, so pay close attention to the technology. It’s important to not only find a foam that can support you without being too rigid but that will also hold up after hours of use. Some standing pads can lose their cushioning after having weight flatten them for a period of time.
Safety is another feature you’ll see mentioned when shopping for anti-fatigue mats. If a mat slips from beneath you while you’re standing or moving around on it, you can lose your balance and fall. Most kitchen mats will use an antislip surface underneath to prevent these issues. However, also make sure the edge is designed in a way that you won’t accidentally trip over it. Over time, flat edges can begin to curl, which is why you’ll find that many modern antislip mats are built with beveled edges that can stand the test of time.
Look for labels like “tear-resistant” or “curl-resistant” or “non-slip” on the mat before you buy, says Liston.
“Use after use, your mat will need to stand up to daily foot traffic, which is typically heavy in a kitchen,” she says. “Purchasing a durable model that won’t tear and won’t curl to cause trips will ensure you get several years of comfort out of it. The ‘non-slip’ should include both the bottom and top surfaces. A non-slip bottom is normally standard but you also don’t want to experience slipping across a too-smooth top surface.”
The Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat Buying Guide
- Most anti-fatigue mats provide comfort through the use of foam insulation, which varies from one manufacturer to another. If a manufacturer advertises the unique technology it uses, it’s likely their own proprietary build. Look for high-density mats that retain their shape, as well as paying attention to the thickness of the mat itself.
- Some mats have a chemical smell when you first unpack them. This smell should dissipate over time, but you may want to plan to let it air out on your front or back porch for a few hours before setting it up in your kitchen.
- If you’re concerned about the environment, some mats advertise that they are constructed using eco-friendly processes and materials.
- The materials used in the mat also play into how well it will hold up after years of use. Look for a mat that won’t easily puncture if you drop something on it.
- Some mats feature a pattern that makes them tough to clean. Flat, even surfaces are easier to wipe clean than one with a woven pattern, for instance. You’ll also want a waterproof mat that can not only be cleaned but can also handle the occasional spills and splashes that are inevitable in a kitchen.
- In addition to the nonslip bottom, some mats also have an upper surface that helps keep you from sliding on while you’re standing there.
- There’s no getting around the fact that the appearance of the mat plays a big role in whether you buy it or not. There are plenty of mats available in different colors and designs to help you customize your look. You’ll even find mats that are provided in varying sizes.
- Some mats can fold up if you need to store them. Perhaps most important, though, is the fact that a few manufacturers fold up these mats to ship them, which can create a crease that weakens the structure of the mat. You’ll also find these mats don’t lay flat as well once they’ve been folded, which can create a tripping hazard.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide