K-Swiss Men’s Express Light Pickleball Shoe
Last updated date: May 24, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pickleball Shoes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pickleball Shoe you should buy.
Update as June 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pickleball Shoes for a detailed review of all the top pickleball shoes.
A unique design gives this men's pickleball shoe extra cushioning while also packing in plenty of durability. It includes a sock liner to keep sweating at a minimum, ensuring feet stay cool and healthy even during the most intense game. Both the shoe and the inner sock lining have pickleball branding to designate it as perfect for the game.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the K-Swiss Men's Express Light Pickleball Shoe placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
K-Swiss is the first brand to introduce a court shoe specifically designed for Pickleball, one of the fastest growing sports in the United States. The Express Light Pickleball was created to give players a comfortable, lightweight, breathable shoe that supports on-court movement and performance needed for the sport. It is an all-around shoe, perfect for the new or frequent player. Included on the shoe is a K-Swiss Pickleball logo and customized Pickleball sockliner. Ideal for hard court or clay court playing surfaces. K-EVA: Special formula EVA to provide maximized cushioning and enhance durability of the midsole. ORTHOLITE: Sock liner providing moisture management with properties to keep feet cool and minimize the effects of perspiration. EVA: Cushioning and support under the sock liner. HEEL GRIP LINING: Made of interlocking fibers that grip the sock to minimize heel slippage. 180 PSC PLANTAR: A 180 degree thermal plastic Plantar Support Chassis that enhances mid-foot stability.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pickleball Shoes
Pickleball is a popular sport that attracts both male and female athletes. But before you start playing, you’ll need to make sure you have the right gear. That includes comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement, as well as a good pair of shoes.
You probably have a pair of tennis shoes in your closet that you could wear for other sports, but those shoes won’t necessarily work well on the pickleball court. You’ll need a shoe that provides support while also offering easy side-to-side movement, similar to the type of movements seen in tennis and racquetball. Look for an upper that’s lightweight but also supports the foot.
The upper is only part of what makes a shoe perfect for pickleball. The sole, which is the part of the shoe that’s beneath your feet, should be durable while also providing plenty of traction. A shoe that has a rubber sole with a good tread on the bottom will give you plenty of hours of enjoyable play.
There aren’t many shoes designed exclusively for pickleball use, but there are plenty that are perfect for the sport. In addition to looking for stability while moving side to side and traction, it’s also important to find a pair that is comfortable on your feet. Beyond that, the only choice to make is the color and style that best fits your own unique tastes.
The Pickleball Shoe Buying Guide
- Pickleball courts are tough on the feet, as well as your joints, so it’s important to have a sole built to absorb shock. Features like gel inserts and cushioning can help you stay comfortable while you play.
- Typically, when you focus on durability while shopping, it’s to avoid having to buy a new pair of shoes every few months. With pickleball, though, the hardness of the court means it’s important that you have an upper and a sole that won’t break down over the weeks and months that you’re playing.
- Pickleball courts don’t have as much friction as tennis courts. That means you’ll need a shoe with good tread to avoid slipping while you’re playing.
- Support for lateral movement is essential when you’re playing pickleball. A running shoe, by contrast, is built to keep the foot stabilized during forward movement. The wrong shoe could make it more likely you twist an ankle or pull a muscle.
- Foot health and comfort isn’t the only consideration when you’re shopping for a pickleball shoe. Some court owners have restrictions on the shoes you can wear. They might not allow a shoe that could damage the surface.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide