K BASIX Ergonomic Handle Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer
Last updated date: May 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cheese Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cheese Slicer you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2021:
Checkout The Best Cheese Slicer for a detailed review of all the top cheese slicers.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the K BASIX Ergonomic Handle Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
K Basix cheese slicer has a thin blade that helps make a perfect and smooth cut even for hard cheeses like Parmesan. This versatile utensil has multiple uses, too. Alternatively used to shave frozen butter, chocolate and can even double up as a vegetable peeler and pie server anytime. The slicer is made from superior quality stainless steel with mirror-like finish giving it a beautiful look that fits perfectly in your kitchen, while making it corrosion-resistant at the same time.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cheese Slicers
Did you know the first cheese slicer took about an hour to produce? Technology has advanced so much that today an astounding 7,000 cheese slicers can be made in that same amount of time.
Cheese slicers are popular for two main reasons. They significantly cut down on the time you spend prepping your food and they produce a uniform cut in your desired thickness.
If you’re ready to add a cheese slicer to your stockpile of kitchen must-haves, there are a few different types to consider.
The most basic cheese slicer is handheld. You’ll find some of these models come ready to make small cuts in your cheese, while others have a wire cutter that can be adjusted to your desired thickness. The important thing is that you make sure the handle is constructed using an ergonomic design. Not only does this make the handle more comfortable to hold, but it also prevents wrist fatigue.
A tabletop cheese slicer is typically created using high-quality plastic and is best for larger blocks of cheese. They also eliminate the need to do the cutting directly over your countertop. If you’re interested in this type of cheese slicer, you need to make sure there are rubber feet underneath the base of the slicer to keep your table from becoming scratched when you use it.
Board slicers are similar to tabletop cheese slicers, in that, they have a base and a cutting tool. They are usually made of either stainless steel, wood or marble. They are different because they have a handle that includes a wire, which does all the slicing for you.
You can also go with a multipurpose cheese slicer. It’s designed to effortlessly cut through both soft and hard cheese but can also slice other foods, including meats, fruits and vegetables. That means you won’t have to purchase a separate slicer, as the cheese slicer acts as an all-in-one.
The Cheese Slicer Buying Guide
- Check whether the cheese slicer comes ready to use or if some assembly is required.
- Reviewers report that cheese slicers that come with replaceable wires often have wires that come loose after just a few uses. They also state that it is difficult to find replacement wires available for purchase.
- If the cheese slicer you select has no locking mechanism, you’ll need to be careful how you store it. The blade is sharp and could cause an accidental cut if picked up out of a drawer the wrong way.
- Some cheese slicers may not work on hard cheeses.
- Not all cheese slicers are dishwasher safe. You’ll need to clean them by hand using warm water and a little dish soap. A toothbrush with soft bristles can be used to help you fully clean the parts of the slicer that are difficult to reach with a washrag. It’s important, however, that you never use a scrub brush or an abrasive cleaner on the cheese slicer, as this could damage the blade or cause scratches to the outer surface.
- It’s a good idea to occasionally spray the cheese slicer with a food-safe disinfectant spray.
- Generally, cheese slicers are quite affordable, although you can pay a bit extra for a multipurpose unit. The Bellemain Adjustable Stainless Cutting Cheese Slicer is among the most affordable. You’ll pay more for the Westmark Adjustable Multipurpose Stainless Cheese Slicer, as it can be used to slice meats, fruits and vegetables in addition to cheeses.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide