Jupean 24-Color Needle Felting Kit
Last updated date: October 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Felting Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Felting Kit you should buy.
Editor's Note October 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Felting Kit for a detailed review of all the top felting kits.
In our analysis, the Jupean Jupean 24-Color Needle Felting Kit placed 7th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High Quality Needle Felting Wool - Our wool felting kit include 24 colors ultra-fine 100% wool roving that's perfect for your creative projects. Featuring a refined texture, this soft wool roving has no lumps or over-dyed areas. A perfect gift set, for a crafter you know, or yourself! 24 Rainbow Colors Wool Roving Yarn - Our needle felting wool kit provides 23 vibrant colors of wool fiber and one white color wool yarn. Each color is individually packaged in a resealable plastic bag, 5g per color. Meet what you need for DIY different styles for needle felting and wet felting. Perfect for making pets, wild critters, forest creatures, farm animals, and much more. More Basic Felt Tools for Your Need - This wool felting kit contains needle felting needles, foam mat, scissors, wooden needle holder, finger gloves, awl, glue stick,everything needed to do basic needle felting. Everything organized in one box,easy to carry and store. Useful Felting Needles and Wooden Handle Tool - Round shape handle tool design which is comfortable to hold, easy to install and remove, able to install 1 needle for your use, and we also provide color coded felting needles to give you ultimate flexibility with your projects.Bring some color to your felting project. Wide Use for Craft Felting - You can use this felting set for a variety of projects, including needle felting, spinning, jewelry-making, wet felting, 3-D sculpturing or any other artwork that requires wool. Our wool roving can also be applied to surfaces like t-shirts, paper, felted items and more. Available in a range of beautiful colors to suit your needs.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Felting Kits
If you participate in crafts, you probably are well aware of felting. Felting is simply the art of making 3-D items using wool locks or roving into fabric. You do this by connecting the fibers in the wool in a way that makes a solid surface. (Roving is a long, narrow bundle of fiber created during the process of spinning yarn from wool fleece or other fibers.)
There are many types of material that can be used for felting, including synthetic fibers that try to mimic the natural material produced from wool. Synthetic felting is probably what you used when you worked with felt for crafts in elementary school. Real wool fibers give a completely different texture that felting enthusiasts prefer.
If you want to get started, it’s important to know there are two major types of felting: wet and dry. With wet felting, you use soap and water to make it easier for the fibers to bind together. With dry felting, you use needles to weave the fabrics together. For wet felting, you’ll do most of the work with your hands. Dry felting requires a larger supply kit due to the needles that are necessary.
The Felting Kit Buying Guide
- You can’t use just any needle for felting. A felting needle has sharp, barbed blades that will agitate the fibers to achieve the desired results.
- All your new supplies will need to be stored when you aren’t using them. If your kit doesn’t come with a storage box, make sure you have a way to store the items.
- If your kit doesn’t come with a foam pad to protect your fingers, you can buy a sponge or foam pad separately. Make sure whatever you choose is at least several inches thick.
- Although cute little animals seem to be the go-to for felting projects, you aren’t limited to that. There are felting projects for gnomes, flowers, faux succulents and booties and countless other objects. You can also needle felt designs onto your favorite scarf or mittens.
- Needle felting can also come in handy for repairing holes in yarn-based blankets and sweaters.
- If you’re just getting started, look for a kit that includes all the supplies you’ll need. Keep in mind that some of these beginners’ kits are limited in the quantity of wool you’ll receive. You may need to purchase extras to have on hand after your first few projects.
- Beginners may also benefit from an instruction guide with step-by-step directions for easy projects. You can find plenty online, as well, but it can help to have instructions specific to the tools included in the kit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide