JR Watkins Natural Chest Vapor Rub
Last updated date: December 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chest Rubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chest Rub you should buy.
Update as December 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Chest Rub for a detailed review of all the top chest rubs.
If you're looking for cold and flu relief that doesn't contain any harsh chemicals, you'll find it in the JR Watkins Natural Chest Vapor Rub. The main ingredients in the rub are menthol and camphor, which are known for clearing nasal congestion and reducing coughing spells. Users will appreciate how easy the rub is to apply and that it is safe enough to use on skin.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the JR Watkins Natural Chest Vapor Rub placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FLU AND COLD RELIEF: Suppress coughs, clear nasal congestion, and get relief from colds and flu with J.R Watkins menthol camphor vapor rub. An old school remedy that’s been providing relief for generations, this menthol rub keeps discomfort at bay the natural way. NATURAL INGREDIENTS: We’ve combined natural menthol and camphor to create a 99% natural vapor rub that gets the job done without any chemical additives. Safe to use on kids, adults, and the elderly, this menthol vapor rub is a must-have in any medicine cabinet. EASY TO USE: Apply the menthol vaporub thinly and evenly on the throat and chest and rub or massage into skin until it vanishes. You can cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired or even mix some of it into bath water for a truly relaxing and relieving soak. 100% CRUELTY-FREE: J.R Watkins is proudly certified and recognized by Leaping Bunny as a brand that doesn’t test on animals. Get a cleansing bar soap crafted with a conscience. MADE IN THE USA: Since 1868, right in the USA. That’s 150 years of experience and thousands of satisfied customers.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chest Rubs
Once cold and flu season arrives, you’ll want to have a few products on hand in case anyone in the family gets sick. One must-have item is a chest rub. Chest rubs are excellent for relieving nasal congestion, as well as for soothing chest aches and reducing coughs. When you’re ready to shop for the best chest rub, keep the following information in mind.
Choose a chest rub that meets the age requirements of the children in your home. While some rubs are safe for kids age 2 and up, others can be used in infants as young as 3 months.
Review the ingredients carefully before you choose a chest rub. Mentholatum Natural Congestion Ointment is made using 100% natural active ingredients, while all of the ingredients in the Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub are free of parabens and artificial fragrances. You want to avoid using any chest rubs that contain harsh chemicals, as these can irritate the skin of sensitive individuals.
Look into the company that makes the chest rub to ensure its practices match your personal convictions. For example, some chest rubs are 100% cruelty-free and never tested on animals. Other companies choose to donate a portion of their sales to charity.
The Chest Rub Buying Guide
- Do not heat the chest rub up in a microwave or place it in hot water or you may suffer a burn.
- Always store the chest rub where children and pets can’t get access to it, even if the ingredients are listed as all-natural.
- Chest rubs are meant for external use only and should not be consumed or placed in one’s eyes, ears or nose.
- It’s good practice to test the rub on a small area of your skin before you use it for the first time. This is the best way to determine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- When comparing chest rub prices, you’ll first need to take into consideration how many ounces are in each tub. As you compare similar-sized rubs, you’ll want to look at the ingredients. The higher the quality of ingredients, the higher you can expect the chest rub to cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide