Joovy Room2 Waterproof Rolling Playard
Last updated date: January 28, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Playards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Playard you should buy.
Update as January 28, 2022:
Checkout The Best Playard for a detailed review of all the top playards.
This playard is ideal for setting up in your home and leaving it, as you'll get 10 square feet of playspace, double the size of typical playards. It comes with a waterproof mattress sheet to give the baby a clean surface for playtime.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Joovy Room2 Waterproof Rolling Playard placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
As parents, sometimes we need a quick minute by ourselves, to use the restroom, take a shower or get dinner started. When baby starts to move though, a minute can be too much time. The Joovy Room2 provides peace of mind for moments like these. You’ll breathe a little easier knowing baby is content in the Room2 and not exploring the family room without you there to supervise. The Joovy Room2 (read as Room Squared) is a proven workhorse and a perennial favorite baby product for parents and grandparents alike. Not only does it look great in any room in the house, it’s functional in the outdoors as well. With over 10 square feet of space, baby will have more space to play. Extra-large mesh windows provide excellent visibility in and out of the Room2, while baby is content in a spacious playard. Reliable, durable and built for endurance, the Room2 is sturdy enough to be used with multiple kids and in playgroups, and can withstand the use of growing families. While the Room2 is bigger and heavier, it folds in a traditional playard manner and includes a travel bag to facilitate trips. A waterproof mattress sheet is also included to help keep the playard dry and tidy. Mattress Area 9.51 square feet, Folded Size: 10 x 9.5 x 37 inches (W L H), Playard Weight: 29.6 pounds.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Playards
You can’t keep eyes on your baby 24 hours a day. Infants and toddlers need room to play and move around and doing so can easily get them into trouble. Even if you’ve baby-proofed your house, things can happen.
That’s where a playard comes in. Earlier generations called them playpens, but a brand called Pack ‘N’ Play, manufactured by Graco, transformed the concept of a playpen. Instead of being confined to your home, Pack ‘N’ Plays allowed parents to fold up their playpens and take them on the go. But today, Graco isn’t the only manufacturer making this type of product, so to get a true picture of the market, you’ll need to use the product name “playard.”
Like a playpen, a playard gives babies a small, safe space for them to play freely. Think of it as a gated area, only the gate is a soft, safe mesh, and instead of crawling around on the floor, babies get a soft flooring to crawl around on. But perhaps the best thing about playards is they don’t limit you to one small area of your home. They’re built to easily fold up so that you can take them on the go with you.
You aren’t limited to inside play areas with playards, either. You can find some that can be used either outdoors or inside, making them much more versatile than the playpens your grandparents and their parents used. The mesh walls of playards also ensure airflow gets through, which keeps your little ones from being confined between walls that restrict the oxygen they breathe.
But as with almost every other baby product, playards come in a wide variety, with each offering its own unique features. You may find you love the ease of cleaning one playard, only to discover that a competitor has a more comfortable mattress or better safety features. That’s why it’s important to shop around until you find the playard that has everything you need.
The Playard Buying Guide
- One thing many playards offer that playpens didn’t is portability. You’ll find most fold down, with some even coming with storage bags that you can use for carrying. Look at the folding mechanism. The best ones make it easy to set up and break down, taking mere seconds. Some even let you do the setup and breakdown work through the use of a foot pedal, which comes in handy if you’re holding a baby.
- If you opt for a playard with a storage bag, make sure it has a storage strap that makes it easy to tote around.
- Some playards have something called a “bassinet feature,” which simply means you can lower and raise the sleeping area by adjusting it. This can make it easier to pick up and put down your baby.
- If you plan to regularly take your playard on the go with you, look for one that has a changing area built in.
- Safety features are important with any product geared toward children. Check to make sure the mattress will be secure and that all parts of the frame are sufficiently padded to reduce the risk of injury.
- As useful as playards can be, it’s still important to keep an eye on an infant or toddler, even when in a confined area.
- Durability is important, too. The frame needs to be built to last. If you plan to use your playard outside, make sure you buy one that can weather sun, humidity and even a surprise rainstorm.
- You’ll need to clean the playard. In fact, you’ll probably find cleanup is necessary on a fairly regular basis. Having one with a cover for the mattress area can be valuable since you can simply remove the cover and wash it as needed. But it can also be nice to have one made of material like nylon that can simply be wiped down with a damp, slightly soapy washcloth when needed.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide