JOHN N TREE Organic Baby Protective Pillow
Last updated date: May 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Pillow/Loungers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Pillow/Lounger you should buy.
Even though the JOHN N TREE Organic Baby Protective Pillow is one of the more affordable loungers on the market, it still has a lot to offer. The pillow is certified organic, which is best for babies with sensitive skin, and comes in a cute animal shape. Not only does the lounger provide proper head support for baby, but it's also designed to prevent flat head syndrome. While the pillow can be tossed in the washing machine on the gentle cycle, it should be air dried instead of switched to a dryer. In our analysis of 223 expert reviews, the JOHN N TREE Organic JOHN N TREE Organic Baby Protective Pillow placed 15th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Baby Pillow/Lounger for a detailed review of all the top baby pillow/loungers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ENSURE Organic Cotton Product : John N Tree Organic baby pillow is Global-Certified (Seed-Soil-Weed Control-Pest Control-Harvesting-Spinning-Knitting-Weaving-Sewing-Trading ) by an International certification Control Union. - This Renews every year with the strict test result. Certified Organic Number and Label to the product is a title that is given to an item only when strict guidelines, made by The National Organic Standards Board, are met. Every step in the production of the item must meet the guidelines from the soil where the item is grown to the processing facilities in which it is created. Trackable Certification Number: CU822202 GOTS. OE by the Control Union confirm the European safety standards for organic cotton items. GOTS certified products should pass the chemical requirements for EN71-3 THE BEST HEALTHY MATERIALS : Super Soft ECO-Friendly 100% Natural Organic Cotton that was naturally finished. Breathable. Dye Free - Natural Earth Given Color, No Bleaches, No Printing DESIGN : Comfy Functional Design to support the baby head & Prevent flat head syndrome. Double sided with Organic Cotton for extra use.So baby can sleep on both sides! SIZE: approximately Width 15 X 8 Height inches (Cloud Lamb) This lovely pillow can be used in many ways like during diaper changes, in his bassinet, on his play mat, breastfeeding ( place the pillow on mom's arm so baby can rest on it while eating and even while nursing )
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baby Pillow/Loungers
Parents can’t hold their infants all day long or they’d never get anything done around the house. Baby pillows and loungers are the perfect solution to this dilemma, as they are designed to cuddle your baby while you attend to your chores. As you browse different pillow and lounger models, you’ll want to look for the following traits:
Choose a pillow made from organic cotton. Not only is this material hypoallergenic and gentle on sensitive skin, but it’s also eco-friendly and free from any dyes or bleach. Of course, cotton is also known for being soft and breathable.
Consider the material used to make the lounger’s filling. Some baby pillows have a filling with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Their fabrics also resist heat retention, which means your baby will remain cool and comfortable throughout his or her time in the pillow.
Feel the baby lounger and make sure it’s light in weight. Ideally, you want it to be three pounds or less so that it can easily be moved from one room to another while you clean. It’s also helpful if the unit has a set of handles, as this makes transport a breeze.
Review how the lounger is able to cradle your newborn. Does it have a center depression that is surrounded by cushioned sides that act as a nest, or does it have a center sling, which draws close to your baby when you set him or her in the lounger? The important thing is that your baby feels safe and secure while relaxing in the pillow.
Check to make sure the model you’re interested in is able to meet any specific needs your baby might have. Some loungers come at a slight incline to help with acid reflux, while others are designed for healthy back posture. You’ll even find models made to help prevent flat head syndrome.
Opt for a baby lounger that is versatile and able to grow with your child. There are pillows that can be used for tummy time, as well as diaper changes. Some also have buckles or buttons by the feet that can be opened as your baby grows.
Lastly, review the baby lounger’s available colors and patterns. You may find one that matches the theme in your baby’s nursery. You may also opt for a pillow that comes in the shape of a cute animal. There are baby pillows, for example, that come in elephant, lamb, monkey, puppy and bunny shapes.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first patented baby pillow was created by Tien-Hsi Han in 1998. Han designed the baby pillow to do several things. First, he wanted a pillow that kept the baby from turning its head to the side during sleep. He noted that babies have soft skulls that are malleable when left in the same position for a long period of time. The pillow would prevent the head from becoming disfigured during long stretches of sleep.
The second part of Han’s design was the cotton side walls that kept outside noises from reaching the baby’s ears. This would allow the baby to continue resting without being disturbed, which was also great for parents who needed to get a few chores done around the house.
While the original design had components that had to be folded, like the two sides, before the baby pillow could be used, newer designs don’t require this. Most modern baby pillows and loungers are now made ready to use without the need for any modifications. Newer models have also been adjusted to account for additional health issues that are common among infants, such as acid reflux and flat head syndrome.
The Baby Pillow/Lounger Buying Guide
- Look for any extra awards, like the Mom’s Choice Award, or special certifications, such as the International Certification Control Union and the National Organic Standards Board. These are all just further indications that the baby pillow is quality made and that the company stands behind its products.
- Review the baby lounger’s care instruction label before attempting to clean it. You’ll find some loungers are easy to spot clean, while others require a full wash. You may be able to remove a cover and simply wash that, or you may need to toss the entire pillow into the washing machine. Some companies recommend placing the pillow in a laundry bag first, while others require you to wash the pillow as-is using the washing machine’s gentle cycle. When it comes to drying the lounger, the instructions may list the ability to use the dryer on low heat or they may suggest avoiding the heat from the dryer and allowing the pillow to air dry naturally.
- When using a baby lounger, it is important that you always supervise your baby.
- Always place your baby on his or her back during nap and sleep times, as this is the recommended position for reducing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). You’ll also want to reserve sleep times for a crib that meets the standards set by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Never use a traditional pillow with a baby under the age of 18 months. This poses a risk of suffocation.
- Baby pillow prices don’t vary in price by much and are generally affordable. While price is always a factor in making a purchasing decision, it will only be a small consideration for this item. The Hidetex Memory Foam Baby Pillow and the TILLYOU Egyptian Cotton Baby Pillow are on the lower end of the pricing scale. The W WelLifes Breathable Cotton Baby Pillow and the JOLGOO Breathable Cotton Baby Pillow command a higher price, but only by a few dollars.