JMADENQ 2-In-1 Compact Solar Flashlight & Lantern, 2-Pack
Last updated date: March 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Solar Flashlights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Solar Flashlight you should buy.
Update as March 20, 2023:
Checkout The Best Solar Flashlight for a detailed review of all the top solar flashlights.
Prepare for an emergency or upcoming camping trip with this solar flashlight set. Each lantern is easily portable, and in addition to light, it also powers cellphones. When fully charged, you can use the flashlight continuously for up to six hours.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the JMADENQ 2-In-1 Compact Solar Flashlight & Lantern, 2-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Solar/Usb Rechargeable Lantern: You can charge this camping light through the sun or USB port according to the current situation.After being fully charged,the lantern will continuously provide bright light for 5-6 hours. 2 In 1 Lantern Flashlight Design: With a foldable design or side switch, you can use it as a lantern or flashlight. Hang the lantern on camping tent or take away with the stainless steel handles. Emergency Backup Phone Charger: With the lantern’s USB output design,you can charge mobile phones and other USB-powered devices when needed. Compact And Portable: Made of the matt ABS material,the flashlight lantern is durable enough for long time usage.Collapsible design makes it space saving and lightweight. Bright for Versatility: Adopted the led bulb, the lantern light is bright enough for indoor/outdoor use, such as:camping, reading, fishing, power.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Solar Flashlights
Solar flashlights are an all-around excellent tool to have on hand, especially if you live in areas that may experience hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or other emergencies. Charged simply by being left out in the sun or near another source of light, these ingenious devices can be literal lifesavers when a natural disaster hits or the power goes out.
There are a number of considerations when buying a solar flashlight, and, luckily, many of them are standardized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). At the most basic level, you’ll want to look at light output, battery life, and size and weight, but you might also wish to consider beam distance, impact resistance, and weatherproofness.
Other considerations include bulb type and beam modes, as well as whether the output is regulated. A regulated output means the beam stays at peak or near-peak brightness throughout until it drops off significantly when the battery is low, rather than gradually going dimmer as the battery drains.
Solar flashlights also come in a variety of materials, sizes and shapes and relatedly, weights. Lightweight flashlights can be handy when carried for a long time, but heavier flashlights can double as impact tools (such as for breaking windows in an emergency) or even as weapons.
Finally, since solar flashlights are often geared towards outdoors or emergency applications, many add additional functionality such as blades, compasses, radios, hooks for hanging or other survival tools. Many even double as phone chargers. Look for the flashlight that best suits your anticipated needs.
The Solar Flashlight Buying Guide
- Make sure to check the efficiency of the solar panels on the flashlight. It will state how many hours it takes to get a full charge, and then how many hours of light time that yields.
- Look for sturdy materials, such as highly rated plastics and rubbers or metal. One of the standardized measures of a flashlight is its impact rating, which measures the distance it can be dropped from and still function. Use this to compare flashlights based on materials.
- Go waterproof when you can. While it’s not strictly necessary to get a flashlight that’s submersion-rated, the IPX system of splash-resistance ratings will help you tell which flashlights can operate in the rain or when flooding occurs.
- Consider the ease of operation of the on/off switch. Can you operate the flashlight in the dark or with gloves on?
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide