JJY All-Metal Cabinet Magnetic Catch, 4-Pack
Last updated date: October 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Catches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Catch you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Catches for a detailed review of all the top catches.
This set of catches can be used on everything from a bathroom medicine cabinet to an outdoor barn door. Their high-quality construction means you won't have to worry about corrosion or cracking. You get four catches in each package, so you can tackle several troublesome cabinets.
In our analysis, the JJY JJY All-Metal Cabinet Magnetic Catch, 4-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
4PCS Pack: Set include 4 pcs cabinet magnet catches, 4 pcs metal plates and 12pcs high quality free screws (2 pcs extra spare, total 14pcs). You don't need worry about the screw will easily broken on installation process again. ALL METAL Magnetic Catch: High grade electronic plating on cabinet door latch alloy metal base, make good metallic feeling and ability of anti-corrosion, cracking, more durable and long lasting than the plastic one. POWERFUL MAGNET FORCE: Magnet force of 2.5 kg, cabinet magnetic latch houses a single magnet to hold the constantly opening kitchen cabinet doors closed, suitable for using on the door which the latch or hinge is useless. GUN METAL: Gun Metal color tone cabinet door catch has wide range color match for furniture and perfect metallic feeling. APPLICATION SCENARIOS: Magnet door catches ensuring quality, Ideal for use in bedrooms, wardrobe, kitchen cupboard door, barn door, closets, Medicine cabinet and RV, etc.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Catches
There’s nothing more frustrating than a cabinet door that won’t stay closed. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix for that problem. All you need is a high-quality set of catches. Since catches are super affordable and easy to install, you can complete this home project on your own.
Before you begin shopping, you need to determine how many catches you need. You might only have one or two troublesome cabinets, or you may wish to place the catches on all of them. You’ll find catches are sold in packs of two, four, six, eight, 10, 14, 18 and 20. So you can pick up the exact amount of catches you need in one pack instead of having to buy multiple packs.
Now that you are ready to search for the best catches, you’ll want to consider construction materials. Plastic catches are not recommended, as they don’t last long and you’ll find yourself replacing them every few months. Catches made using stainless steel are best, as they won’t rust, corrode or crack. They are extremely durable, so you can install them once without having to worry about replacing them later on.
Check to see how versatile the catches are, as some have a basic design that works on medicine cabinets and kitchen drawers. Others offer a 20-pound weight capacity and can be used on heavier pantry doors, barn doors and French doors. There are even catches that work well in a moist environment, which means you can use them on a boat.
Specialty catches are also an option. For example, you’ll find safety catches made for use on refrigerators and freezers. They won’t work on cabinet doors, but they will keep toddlers and pets from getting into your groceries. They’re also a great choice if your fridge door doesn’t seal properly.
Some catches offer a choice when it comes to finishes, so you can select a finish that complements your cabinet color. The most popular options are black, silver and oil-rubbed bronze.
The Catch Buying Guide
- If you aren’t good with tools, or you simply prefer to keep things simple, go with a set of catches that uses a strong adhesive to bond it to your cabinet doors. For these catches to work properly, you’ll need to clean the cabinet door and frame first. Next, mark where you plan on installing the catches with a pencil. Remove the adhesive backing and firmly press the catches into place. Close the cabinet door and wait a full 24 hours before reopening it. After that, you’re good to go.
- Although some catches do have an adhesive backing, they also come with holes for drilling. If you prefer, you can go the old-fashioned route and secure the catches to your cabinet doors using a set of screws. When working with heavier cabinets and doors, it’s best to add the screws to accommodate for the extra weight.
- Many pet owners have frisky animals that like to open cabinet doors. If you discover yourself in this category, you may find a magnetic catch does the trick to keep your furry friend from opening the door.
- If you and your family do a lot of traveling, you’ll find catches work perfectly in an RV. They hold the cabinet doors closed so that any twists and turns down the road don’t cause the doors to fly open and dishes to fall out.
- There are many uses for catches beyond your cabinets. Some people have successfully used catches to keep their screen doors closed after their original spring latches broke. Others have used catches on their antique China cabinets for added protection. One cat owner installed three catches on her single bi-fold door to keep the felines from entering another part of the house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide