Jiffy Garment Steamer
Last updated date: June 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Clothes Steamers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Clothes Steamer you should buy.
Editor's Note June 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Clothes Steamer for a detailed review of all the top clothes steamers.
The Jiffy Garment Steamer has a long running time of 1.5 hours, thanks to its large water tank. The 6-inch steam head covers more ground, so you can complete your steaming more quickly. For when safety is a concern, the steamer also has an automatic shut off for when the water tank runs dry.
In our analysis of 103 expert reviews, the Jiffy Steamer Jiffy Garment Steamer placed 10th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Diminish the most difficult wrinkles in one swipe with this easy touse professional Jiffy garment steamer. This de-wrinkling steamercomes with a five-foot flexible hose and a no-drip valve system tosteam most any fabric. This garment steamer does heavy-duty workwithout taking up much space in your closet. Wheels on the bottomof the unit allow for ease of mobility of the unit, while thelength of the steamer hose allows for ease of movement while usingthe steamer. Say goodbye to wrinkles when you say hello to thisprofessional but affordable garment steamer.The large water reservoir ensures that you are able to steammultiple items at once without needing to refill the reservoiroften. Each fill allows you to use the steamer for over an hour ata time. The steamer is ready to use in just one minute to ensureyour outfits can be wrinkle-free in just a moment's notice. Brand: Jiffy J Includes: Five-foot flexible hose, plastic steam head and handle, easy-roll casters for mobility Materials: Brass, copper, plastic, steel Settings: On/Off switch heats up in one minute, no-drip check valve system Type: Steamer Color: Grey Wattage: 1300 Capacity: 0.75 gallon water reservoir Model: 1221 Dimensions: 10 inches deep x 15 inches wide x 64 inches high 1.5 hours steaming time Ideal for home or commercial use
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Clothes Steamers
Using an iron to rid clothes and large fabrics of wrinkles can be time-consuming and frustrating. Irons take a long time to heat up, and they don’t always hold their heat. Sometimes you have to wait in between each garment while the iron heats up. Plus, the ironing board takes up a lot of room because of its awkward shape. When you’ve got large garments, upholstery, curtains, furniture slipcovers and other home furnishings that have wrinkles, a clothes steamer is your best option. Clothes steamers are compact yet powerful, so you can smooth out fabrics in a matter of minutes.
The way clothes steamers work is almost magical. Instead of touching the fabric’s surface like an iron, a clothes steamer actually smooths out the wrinkles without ever making contact with the material. Each steamer has a water tank that you fill with water. It then heats up the water and produces a jet of steam, which comes out of the steam wand that you hold close to — but not touching — the fabric. The steam then actually relaxes the fibers in the fabric so they no longer wrinkle. It’s like a spa day for your fabric.
Because the steamer doesn’t actually touch the material, clothes steamers are ideal to use with delicate fabrics such as silk, satin and jersey. There is no risk of burning the material, unlike with an iron, because you don’t actually make contact. Steamers are also perfect for hard-to-iron fabrics, such as screen-printed materials or suit jackets. Steam cleaners are also effective for large pieces of fabric, such as curtains, because they take much less time to heat up and rid fabric of wrinkles than an iron.
Many clothes steamers stand upright, so they are great for storing in closets and small spaces. Vertical steamers are easy to move around to where you need them, while small hand-held steamers are portable, making them a breeze to use anywhere in your home. Packing them in a suitcase is also a breeze if you need them on your next business trip.
Steaming clothes and fabrics also has an added benefit aside from getting rid of wrinkles: the hot steam helps to freshen up the fabrics and get rid of dust mites and germs, in addition to odors such as smoke or food smells. If you’ve got clothes and other fabrics sitting in a drawer or box for an extended period of time, a steamer can actually save you a trip to the dry cleaner because it also sanitizes your clothes in addition to smoothing them out.
The Clothes Steamer Buying Guide
- When deciding which clothes steamer to purchase, check to see whether it comes with a built-in hanger for your clothes. Having a sturdy place to hang your garments makes it convenient to steam. The PurSteam Full Size Garment Steamer has a clothes hook where you can hang your own clothes hanger.
- If you’re concerned about chemicals interacting with your clothes, you’ll want to make sure that the clothes steamer uses 100% water in the water tank, instead of added chemicals. Some clothes steamers require special kinds of filtered water, while others use plain tap water from the sink.
- If you plan on using your clothes steamer for large volumes of clothes, either at home or for light commercial use, you’ll need one that has a large water tank that is easy to fill. Some steamers have an 81-ounce water tank that can be easily removed to fill with water, while others have a 40-ounce water tank. There are even steamers that have almost ¾ of a gallon, which is perfect for steaming a lot of fabric at one time.
- One of the reasons why clothes steamers are preferable to irons is that they heat up and are ready to use very quickly. This is especially important if you’re planning on steaming your clothes in the morning before work. The Rowenta DR8120 Handleld Steamer heats up in just 40 seconds, while the PurSteam Garment Steamer is ready to go in 90 seconds. An extra minute or two in your schedule can make all the difference when you’re in a rush to head out the door.
- For those times when you want to steam a lot of clothes or very large garments, it’s vital to have a clothes steamer that can run for a long period of time on a single water tank. The HomeLabs Handheld Portable Garment Steamer has a continuous running time of 10 minutes. The Rowenta DR8120 Handleld Steame offers around 26 minutes of non-stop steaming on each full tank of water.
- Portability is an important feature to consider, especially if you plan on taking your steamer to work or with you while you travel. It’s also critical when storage space is a concern. The PurSteam 1400-Watt Steamer With 2 in 1 Brush is small and handheld, so it’s easy to move around. Plus, it can be stored in luggage, making travel simple and convenient.
- Many clothes steamers come with additional attachments that make it easy to ensure your fabrics are looking their best. Look for a model with an attachable fabric brush that is good for brushing away lint, hairs, and loose threads. If you have pets at home that shed a lot, such as dogs and cats, this attachment is a necessity. Some units have a steam bonnet, which prevents any dripping water from getting on your clothes. This is particularly useful if you plan on steaming delicate fabrics such as silks and satins.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide