Jelly Comb Battery Operated Automatic Electric Pencil Sharpener
Last updated date: May 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Pencil Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Pencil Sharpener you should buy.
Update as August 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Electric Pencil Sharpener For School Or The Office for a detailed review of all the top electric pencil sharpeners.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Jelly Comb Automatic Electric Pencil Sharpener placed 14th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Engineered helical blade produces well-sharpened point every time, never get an uneven tip, never get stuck pencils,extended your pencil life. Only needs 3-5 sec. to sharpen. If any part of the assembly is missing, Jelly Comb electric pencil sharpener will stop working automatically, Your little kids can operate this sharpener with no problem. No safety issue, no risk of hurting the little finger. This electric pencil sharpener need 4*AA battery to get powered to work, which you don’t have to worry about finding a place to plug it in. (Battery not included in the package). With a large shavings reservoir, no worry about the shavings going all over the place and so easy to clean. Sharpens colored and soft lead pencils with ease, Need a colored pencil sharpener? Need to sharpen No. 2 pencils? This is it! Engineering stainless steel helical blade can withstand 30,000,000 times of sharpens with no problem at all. Kids, students, teachers, artists, engineers, industrial designer, professionals and business people. Perfect for home, office and classroom use.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Pencil Sharpeners
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a perfectly sharp point on a pencil. However, sharpening pencils with a manual pencil sharpener can be frustrating. Not only do they make a mess, with pencil shavings falling all around, but they also don’t always result in the perfect point you’re looking for. If you have multiple pencils to sharpen, such as at a school or children’s activity, then using a manual pencil sharpener can also feel like a waste of time.
An electrical pencil sharpener improves the pencil sharpening experience considerably, especially when you have many pencils to sharpen. Running on electricity, battery, or USB power, electric pencil sharpeners offer convenience and tip quality. Unlike a manual pencil sharpener, which can waste the lead by not properly grinding it, an electric pencil sharpener always produces a sharp point.
When you’re looking for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the size of the pencils you typically use, as not all sharpeners accommodate all types of pencils. A 9 mm pencil is the most common type used; however, some pencil sharpeners are made for 8 mm pencils. You’ll also want to keep the shape of your pencils in mind. Pencils can be round, hexagonal or triangular. Ensure that your electric pencil sharpener can be used with the shape of pencil you have.
Not all electric pencil sharpeners grind the pencil at the same angle. Some pencils may require a bigger angle to show the lead, while others would fracture if that were the case. You’ll need to ensure that the electric pencil sharpener you choose sharpens your pencils at the right angle to reduce lead wastage.
The Electric Pencil Sharpener Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the kind of blades it has. You want to ensure that they are sharp and durable and can last a long time. Helical blades that are made out of strong material such as stainless steel ensure that you get a sharp point every time — including on pencils that have particularly hard lead.
- If your electric pencil sharpener will be used by children, such as in a school setting, it’s imperative to keep safety in mind. Look for an electric pencil sharpener that has an auto-stop blade operation. This ensures that the blade stops by itself once the pencil has been sharpened. If the shavings tray is opened during sharpening, the blade stops automatically. This way, you can ensure fingers are always kept safe and away from moving blades.
- For those that sharpen multiple pencils at the same time, having a large shaving receptacle is key. This way, you don’t need to stop sharpening after every few pencils to empty out the tray. A clear bin lets you see when it’s time to empty the receptacle.
- Some electric pencil sharpeners can leave graphite streaks behind on the wood of the pencil. If you’re an artist, this can lead to smudges on your work. If this is the case, be sure to look for a pencil sharpener that doesn’t leave any graphite traces.
- You’ll need to look at what kind of power source the sharpener has, to ensure it works for your needs. Some sharpeners come with multiple power sources, so you can use batteries in addition to plugging them into an outlet. This provides added flexibility if you need to move the sharpener around. You can also get a pencil sharpener that can be charged using a USB, which is perfect if you’re at a conference or trade show with no access to batteries or wall plugs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide