JBL TUNE 700BT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
Last updated date: November 23, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wireless Over-Ear Headphones and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wireless Over-Ear Headphone you should buy.
Update as November 23, 2021:
Checkout The Best Wireless Over-Ear Headphones for a detailed review of all the top wireless over-ear headphones.
Sleek is the best word to describe these attractive wireless over-ear headphones. The headphones offer impressive sound, voice assistants and a 27-hour battery life. You can even get the headphones in black, blue, white or coral.
In our analysis of 201 expert reviews, the JBL TUNE 700BT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With powerful JBL Pure Bass Sound the JBL TUNE 700BT headphones play bold sound wirelessly The lightweight over-ear design offers maximum comfort and immersion in sound Big in performance they can be folded in a compact shape to fit any adventure Take calls and manage sound hands-free thanks to the convenient buttons on the earcup that also activates the Voice Assistants for on-the-go help Enjoy them all-day-long thanks to the 27 hours battery life or extend the fun endlessly with the included detachable audio cable Allowing connection with two Bluetooth devices simultaneously the multipoint connection makes sure you won’t miss a call on your phone while streaming videos on your tablet JBL TUNE 700BT comes in various colors matching your personal style.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Technology and parenting blogger
Molly Thornberg is a professional writer, creative and mom to four kids, living her best life outside of Dallas, Texas. With a love for all things tech, she is passionate about helping parents raise kids in the digital age. She writes about technology, parenting and humor on her blog Digital Mom Blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
In recent years, over-ear headphones have made a resurgence as some consumers have traded in their earbuds for better sound. Some over-ear headphones also feature noise-cancellation functionality, which comes in handy while you’re traveling. But as Digital Mom Blog’s Molly Thornberg points out, today’s consumers want the same wireless functionality that they can get with wireless earbuds.
“Wireless over-ear headphones are traditional headphones that go over the ears, but don’t have a wire,” says Thornberg, who regularly writes about technology on her blog. “This popular style of headphones connects to a device via Bluetooth, giving you the freedom to listen without having to worry about a wire.”
But there are a few things to consider when you’re picking out a pair of wireless over-ear headphones. You’ll need to make sure you choose a pair that provides reliable Bluetooth connectivity, not to mention one-touch linkup. Trying to connect devices via Bluetooth can easily get frustrating.
If you’re buying over-ear headphones for noise-isolating functionality, you’ll first want to check to see whether the pair you’re considering includes active noise-canceling. Headphones with that feature automatically create a sound wave that blocks out the level of noise detected around you. Some headphones simply create a seal around your ear and have you play music to block out noise, but active noise cancellation can be especially beneficial if you work in noisy environments or you travel via airplane.
It’s also important to consider sizing when you’re choosing a pair of over-ear headphones. Unlike earbuds that slip into almost any size ear the same, over-ear headphones need to work with the circumference of your head. Many come with adjustable headbands to help create that perfect fit. An ill-fitting pair of over-ear headphones can make it tough to get that seal you need to shield your eardrums from all that crowd noise around you. If you’re buying headphones for younger adults or you have a larger head size, you may want to measure your own head and compare it to the headband size before buying.
The Wireless Over-Ear Headphone Buying Guide
- When it comes to noise cancellation, no two pairs of headphones are equal. It’s important to first distinguish between active and passive noise cancellation, with active noise cancellation generating sound waves to keep outside noise from getting to your eardrums. Passive noise cancellation simply uses the build of the earcups themselves to keep noise out. Some may prefer the passive approach in situations where they still might need to hear, such as on an airplane when a pilot could come over the intercom with important announcements.
- If you’re using your headphones while exercising or working around the house, make sure you choose a pair with controls that you can easily reach. Relying on your smartphone to pause or adjust the volume can be problematic when you’re wireless since your device may be on the other side of the room. But it’s also important to make sure the controls aren’t in a location where you might accidentally press them, especially if you plan to wear them while lying down.
- As with other wireless products, wireless headphones require a battery for the Bluetooth connection. Some over-ear headphones have batteries that last as long as 30 hours, which will come in handy if you’ll be away from the charger for a while.
- The best thing about wireless headphones is that they give you the freedom to roam around without your phone on you. That means if you’re cleaning or exercising, you can simply set your phone down nearby and enjoy a hands-free listening experience. But it’s important to check just how close to your device you’ll have to stay while listening. “Find out how far the headphones can play from the connected device,” Thornberg advises. “Wireless range can vary from 10-100 meters.”
- As with earbuds, wireless over-ear headphones can be used for phone calls. To have that capability, though, you’ll need to make sure your headphones have a built-in microphone.
- One of the best things about modern over-ear headphones is how comfortable they can be. Many feature earpads made using faux leather, also known as protein leather, and the cups are padded for extra comfort. You may not plan to wear your headphones for hours at a time, but someday when you’re on a long flight or trying to buckle down and study for a big test, you’ll appreciate a pair that doesn’t hurt your ears after a while.
- No matter what other features your headphones offer, it won’t matter if the sound quality is poor. Research the speakers that are built into your chosen pair. Whether you listen to music, podcasts, movies or audiobooks using your headphones, true-to-life sound is essential as is deep bass response.
- If you’re spending money on something, you’ll want a pair that lasts. The headbands on many headphones are made of plastic, but they’ll also probably have sliders to allow you to adjust the fit. Check the construction of all of this, as well as the stitching on the earcups, to make sure you’re buying a pair that will give you years of reliable use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide