JBL Pulse 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Last updated date: November 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bluetooth Speakers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bluetooth Speaker you should buy.
Editor's Note November 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bluetooth Speakers for a detailed review of all the top bluetooth speakers.
If you're looking for a Bluetooth speaker with a long battery life, this model is a great choice. It's able to play continuous music for up to 12 hours in between charges. The unit provides further value with its noise and echo cancelling properties and waterproof housing.
In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the JBL JBL Pulse 3 Bluetooth Speaker placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Take your listening experience to the next level with the JBL Pulse 3, the portable, waterproof Bluetooth speaker that combines 360° sound with 360° lightshow. Bring your music to life with glowing LEDs wherever you are. With a built–in rechargeable battery that delivers up to 12 hours of playtime and an IPX7 waterproof housing, Pulse 3 is perfect for worry–free listening by the beach or pool – or even in it. With JBL Connect+ technology, you can wirelessly link more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers to amplify the party. Pulse 3 also features a noise and echo–cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear calls. Simply shake the Pulse 3 to create a synchronized lightshow with other Pulse 3 devices. Customize your lightshow experience at the tip of your fingers with the JBL Connect app.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bluetooth Speakers
At one time, if you wanted to listen to music at home, you needed a full stereo system, complete with large speakers and a CD or record player. But if you’re like many consumers, your music now resides on your smartphone, whether it’s songs you’ve purchased and downloaded or through a streaming service like Pandora or Spotify.
Sure, you can listen to your music through earbuds or the tiny little speaker built into your phone. But what if you’re having people over? Or what if you simply want to blast some tunes to keep you entertained while you tackle some big household project? For that, you’ll need a Bluetooth speaker. Simply connect it to your phone and press play.
Of course, one of the biggest benefits of Bluetooth speakers is that you can take them with you. Whether you’re planning a day at the beach or you just want some music while you’re hanging out with friends, the right speaker can have you up and running in minutes.
But chances are, you’re choosing a Bluetooth speaker based on a variety of factors. Your budget is important, but you also want to make sure you get the sound you want. If you’re taking it on that beach vacation, you’ll also want to make sure it can handle the occasional accidental splash of water. With so many options, the good news is that you can easily find a speaker that checks all of your boxes at a price that fits your budget.
As you’re shopping, though, consider exactly what you’ll be doing with your speaker. If you’ll be tossing it into your backpack or overnight bag, weight is an important factor. You may instead want to keep it in the shower or the edge of your bathtub, which makes water resistance important. When you factor in sound quality, the right choice will probably be clear.
The Bluetooth Speaker Buying Guide
- If you’re buying a speaker, great sound quality probably tops your must-have list. No matter what features a speaker has, in the end, it’s all about the listening experience. Sound quality can be subjective, but all of today’s top speakers excel when it comes to producing clean bass without being overwhelming. Look for a model that offers smooth bass lines and controls to let you customize your experience.
- One of the best things about today’s Bluetooth speakers is that you don’t have to leave them at home. But if you plan to take your speaker with you, weight is an important factor. Surprisingly, you’ll find a few models that come in at only 0.5 pounds. Bose’s SoundLink speakers weigh in at between 1.25 and 1.5 pounds. Other speakers are better suited for home use, with a weight of more than 12 pounds.
- As important as sound quality and portability are, though, you can’t get around the cost factor. Although some models have less impressive sound, they tend to be more light on your bank account at less than $30. Compare this to higher end models with a price tag of around $250. You can compromise with the Bose SoundLink, which costs around $150 for the basic version.
- Portable speakers let you listen to your tunes in the shower or while lounging poolside. But you’ll need to make sure your speaker can withstand the occasional accidental splash. While none of the speakers are waterproof, one does offer a certain amount of water resistance: the Bose SoundLink.
- If you’re leaving the house with your speaker, you’ll want a battery that can keep you going throughout the day. There are models that have a long playtime of up to 14 hours of battery life. They are followed closely by other speakers that promise up to 12 hours of battery power. You’ll get up to eight hours with the Bose SoundLink. Be aware that some speaker’s actually have to be plugged in for use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide