Jarrow Formulas Bilberry & Grapeskin Capsules, 120-Count
Last updated date: April 4, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bilberry Capsules and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bilberry Capsule you should buy.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Jarrow Formulas Jarrow Formulas Bilberry Capsules, 120-Count placed 9th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bilberry Capsules for a detailed review of all the top bilberry capsules.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bilberry + Grapeskin Polyphenols is a synergistic blend of standardized flavonoid antioxidants.* Swedish bilberries (100:1 extract) contain 25% polyphenols as anthocyanosides. Red Grapeskin extract contains 25% polyphenols including anthocyanins. These flavonoids support and protect vision by enhancing antioxidant status in the eye and reducing capillary permeability and fragility.*Keep out of the reach of children.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bilberry Capsules
Bilberries are in the same family as blueberries and huckleberries. In addition to having a delicious flavor, they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, like C, K, iron and manganese. Although bilberries are touted as a natural way to lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation, they are widely used to support the overall health of your eyes.
As you begin your search for the best bilberry capsules on the market, keep an eye out for any special certifications. For example, the Nutricost Bilberry Veggie Capsules, 90-Count not only submitted to third party testing to prove the quality of their supplement, but they are also GMP compliant while manufacturing their product in an FDA registered facility.
Next, check to make sure the bilberry capsules you’re interested in match the diet you are currently following. For example, the Carlyle Bilberry Fruit Extract, 200-Count is free of gluten, GMOs, dairy and soy. You can also find bottles that are certified vegan, should you follow a plant-based diet.
Check the amount of bilberry extract or fruit that the supplement is providing. You’ll find Puritan’s Pride Bilberry Softgels, 180-Count includes 250 mg of bilberry extract per serving, which is equal to 1,000 mg of bilberry fruit. Some versions are a little more potent, while others are less. You may want to meet with your family physician to determine the amount that is best for your body.
Make sure the “other ingredients” list doesn’t contain any unnecessary additives, such as artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. The Oregon Wild Harvest Bilberry Capsules, 60-Count uses nothing other than the bilberry fruit, bilberry extract and gelatin capsules to deliver the nutrients to the body.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know bilberries grow in shrubs in the regions of Asia, northern Europe and Great Britain? Although they are not as popular as their cousin, the blueberry, they are just as good for you. Here are a few more interesting facts about bilberries:
- Bilberries flower during the months of April, May and June. The blooms are bell-shaped and white or pink in color, while the bilberries themselves are a dark purple.
- Depending on where you live, you may hear bilberries being called whimberries, whortleberries or blaeberries.
- The ancient Greeks were the first to use bilberries for medicinal purposes.
- In addition to being consumed right off the bush, bilberries can be turned into a juice for drinking or jam to flavor a piece of toast.
The Bilberry Capsule Buying Guide
- Individuals who are nursing, pregnant or currently taking other medications should discuss the bilberry supplement with their doctor before adding it to their daily nutrition regimen.
- Read the bilberry capsules’ product label for instructions on how best to consume the supplement. Some companies recommend that you take the bilberry tablet with food, while others suggest drinking a full glass of water after swallowing the capsule.
- Always store nutritional supplements, including your bilberry capsules, in a cool dry location. Room temperature is fine, but an area of the house that is hot or moist should be avoided.
- If you have small children or pets in the home, make sure you set the supplement out of their reach. Although the product is natural, it does have side effects when taken in excess.
- Review the size of the bilberry capsules. If you have difficulty swallowing pills, you won’t want to go with a bottle that is filled with large tablets. Another option is to purchase a softgel, poke it open and pour the contents in a bit of applesauce. Then you won’t have to swallow the capsule at all.
- Check the bilberry bottle’s seal before using. If the seal is missing or not intact, return it for a refund.
- Look for product protection in the form of a customer satisfaction guarantee or money back guarantee. Some companies back their supplements with a 30-day guarantee, which gives customers a chance to try the product and confirm that it works for them.
- Since bilberry supplements come in different sized bottles with varying serving sizes, you can’t simply compare the sales prices. You need to first determine how much you’re paying per serving. After making these calculations, you’ll discover the Puritan’s Pride Bilberry Softgels, 180-Count and the Oregon Wild Harvest Bilberry Capsules, 60-Count are among the most affordable. The Nutricost Bilberry Veggie Capsules, 90-Count is moderately priced with the Carlyle Bilberry Fruit Extract, 200-Count coming in as the most costly.